Adding header with destination IP to icap server via adaptation_meta

Adding header with destination IP to icap server via adaptation_meta

roie rachamim
Hi,

I was trying to add the value via:

adaptation_meta X-PKuku-Dst-IP "%<a" all

But in the ICAP server i can only see a dash (-)
Any issue with my configuration ?

Many Thanks,
Roie

Re: Adding header with destination IP to icap server via adaptation_meta

Eliezer Croitoru-3

Have you tried to use this format log in the logfomat?

I do not remember by heart but I what I see is the docs is:

http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v4/cfgman/logformat.html

logformat squid      %ts.%03tu %6tr %>a %Ss/%03>Hs %<st %rm %ru %[un %Sh/%<a %mt

so it should work.

However I do not see logformat example in the docs at:

http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v4/cfgman/adaptation_meta.html

so +1 here.

Tech Support

On 12/14/20 8:29 AM, roie rachamim wrote:

> I was trying to add the value via:

> adaptation_meta X-PKuku-Dst-IP "%<a" all

> But in the ICAP server i can only see a dash (-)
> Any issue with my configuration ?

Probably not. Most likely, Squid did not know the destination IP address
of the Squid-to-HTTP-server connection when it generated that ICAP
request. If that was a REQMOD request, then this is to be expected. If
that was a RESPMOD request, then this could be a Squid bug.