Quantcast

Anonymous LDAP binding with LDAP AUTH ?

Frank Bonnet
Hello

I've read the wiki about Squid and LDAP AUTH but in the examples
it seems it is necessary to write a user LDAP passwd in the
command line.

Is there a possibility to use the anonymous LDAP binding method to let
users authenticate ?

auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_auth -v 3 -b "dc=yourcompany,dc=com" -D
uid=some-user,ou=People,dc=yourcompany,dc=com  -w password -f uid=%s ldap.yourcompany.com
^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                    ^^^^^^^^^

Thank you
--

Cordialement
Frank Bonnet
// Machines MUST help //

Re: Anonymous LDAP binding with LDAP AUTH ?

Henrik Nordström
tis 2007-05-15 klockan 14:40 +0200 skrev Frank Bonnet:
> Hello
>
> I've read the wiki about Squid and LDAP AUTH but in the examples
> it seems it is necessary to write a user LDAP passwd in the
> command line.

Only if anonymous binding does not allow searches..

> Is there a possibility to use the anonymous LDAP binding method to let
> users authenticate ?

Sure, just don't specify the bind DN (-D option, and it's related -w
option).

Regards
Henrik

Re: Anonymous LDAP binding with LDAP AUTH ?

Pat Riehecky
This section works perfectly at my site

auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid/ldap_auth
-bou=People,dc=iwu,dc=edu -f "(&(ProxyAccess=yes)(uid=%s))"
ldap.domain.tld:389

It binds as the user doing the login so no passwords need to be
recorded.

Pat

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> tis 2007-05-15 klockan 14:40 +0200 skrev Frank Bonnet:
>> Hello
>>
>> I've read the wiki about Squid and LDAP AUTH but in the examples
>> it seems it is necessary to write a user LDAP passwd in the
>> command line.
>
> Only if anonymous binding does not allow searches..

yes of course :-)

>> Is there a possibility to use the anonymous LDAP binding method to let
>> users authenticate ?
>
> Sure, just don't specify the bind DN (-D option, and it's related -w
> option).

OK thank you

--
Cordialement
Frank Bonnet
// Machines MUST help //

Pat Riehecky wrote:
> This section works perfectly at my site
>
> auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid/ldap_auth
> -bou=People,dc=iwu,dc=edu -f "(&(ProxyAccess=yes)(uid=%s))"
> ldap.domain.tld:389

well thank you, this one works for me

auth_param basic program /usr/local/libexec/squid/squid_ldap_auth -b
ou=People,dc=esiee,dc=fr -f uid=%s ldap.esiee.fr

--
Cordialement
Frank Bonnet
// Machines MUST help //

Re: Anonymous LDAP binding with LDAP AUTH ?

Slacker-4
Henrik Nordstrom, on 05/15/2007 05:55 PM [GMT+500], wrote :
> Sure, just don't specify the bind DN (-D option, and it's related -w
> option).

Thanks, squidLDAP wiki has also been updated with this.

LDAP ProxyAccess field (was: Re: [squid-users] Anonymous LDAP binding with LDAP AUTH ?)

Felipe Augusto van de Wiel

Re: LDAP ProxyAccess field (was: Re: [squid-users] Anonymous LDAP binding with LDAP AUTH ?)

Pat Riehecky
The ProxyAccess attribute is something I have home-made and loaded into
my schema.  It was left in the sample to provide a way of testing
against some type of attribute to validate this user has authorization
to use the service as well as a valid password for an existing account
(Squid has the AAA framework internally would be a shame to disrupt it
for access rights).

If you find this curious here is a good doc on the subject of
exteninding the LDAP schema
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin23/schema.html

Pat