Bandwidth Trottle

Simon Beswick
Can you please assist.

I am looking to utilise the Windows version of Squid Proxy 3.5 to throttle a backup application by pointing all backup servers at the proxy server and limit the total bandwidth that is available to 70mbps. All devices will share this available bandwidth. If someone could provide the relevant entries that need to be made in the config file to implement this i would be grateful?

Thanks in advanceĀ

Re: Bandwidth Trottle

Eliezer Croitoru-3

Hey Simon,

I think that if possible you should perform qos on the network level rather in the application.

Tech Support