Bearer Authentication in Squid 3.5.28 / 4.2

Bearer Authentication in Squid 3.5.28 / 4.2

Simon Staeheli
Hi there

According to squid-cache.org bearer authentication is nearly completed. Amos attached a patch in a mailing list entry back in 2014 [2].

What’s the state of this project? Will this feature become released eventually or became it rather stale?

Background: I’m playing around with Squid and JWT token [3] based authentication. It looks like the bearer authentication interface is exactly what I’m looking for.

Best
Simon

[1] https://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/BearerAuthentication
[2] http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-dev/201407/0147.html
[3] https://jwt.io/

smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment

Re: Bearer Authentication in Squid 3.5.28 / 4.2

On 4/09/18 1:02 AM, Simon Staeheli wrote:
> Hi there
>
> According to squid-cache.org bearer authentication is nearly completed. Amos attached a patch in a mailing list entry back in 2014 [2].
>
> What’s the state of this project? Will this feature become released eventually or became it rather stale?

I am still maintaining the code (on git now) so it is relatively up to
date with current developments. The merge PR is still in QA though, so
no ETA on when it will be an officially supported feature of Squid.
 <https://github.com/squid-cache/squid/pull/30>

Re: Bearer Authentication in Squid 3.5.28 / 4.2

Simon Staeheli
> From: Amos Jeffries <[hidden email]>

> Subject: Re: [squid-users] Bearer Authentication in Squid 3.5.28 / 4.2
> Date: 3 September 2018 at 15:27:08 GMT+2
> To: [hidden email]
>

> On 4/09/18 1:02 AM, Simon Staeheli wrote:
>> Hi there
>>
>> According to squid-cache.org bearer authentication is nearly completed. Amos attached a patch in a mailing list entry back in 2014 [2].
>>
>> What’s the state of this project? Will this feature become released eventually or became it rather stale?
>>

> I am still maintaining the code (on git now) so it is relatively up to
> date with current developments. The merge PR is still in QA though, so
> no ETA on when it will be an officially supported feature of Squid.
> <https://github.com/squid-cache/squid/pull/30>
Perfect, thanks for the pointer to the open PR.

smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment