Block a web just for a group inside another group, or how?

Block a web just for a group inside another group, or how?

erdosain9
Hi to all.
I want to block web.whatsapp.com in some users.
But i already have those users in other group.
I suppose this is not a problem if i put the acl in some order... but its
not working.

For example, i have group
I-FULL: user1, user2, user3

I-RESTRINGIDOS: user1

This is my config file

####GRUPOS DE IP
acl sin_autenticacion src "/etc/squid/listas/sin_autenticacion.lst"

###Kerberos Auth with ActiveDirectory###
auth_param negotiate program /lib64/squid/negotiate_kerberos_auth -s
HTTP/[hidden email]
auth_param negotiate children 35 startup=0 idle=1
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours
auth_param negotiate keep_alive on

external_acl_type i-restringidos %LOGIN
/usr/lib64/squid/ext_kerberos_ldap_group_acl -g [hidden email]
external_acl_type i-full %LOGIN /usr/lib64/squid/ext_kerberos_ldap_group_acl
-g [hidden email]
external_acl_type i-limitado %LOGIN
/usr/lib64/squid/ext_kerberos_ldap_group_acl -g [hidden email]

#GRUPOS
acl i-restringidos external i-restringidos
acl i-full external i-full
acl i-limitado external i-limitado

####Bloquea Publicidad ( http://pgl.yoyo.org/adservers/ )
acl ads dstdom_regex "/etc/squid/listas/ad_block.lst"
http_access deny ads
#deny_info TCP_RESET ads

####Streaming
acl youtube url_regex -i \.flv$
acl youtube url_regex -i \.mp4$
acl youtube url_regex -i watch?
acl youtube url_regex -i youtube
acl facebook url_regex -i facebook
acl facebook url_regex -i fbcdn\.net\/v\/(.*\.mp4)\?
acl facebook url_regex -i fbcdn\.net\/v\/(.*\.jpg)\?
acl facebook url_regex -i akamaihd\.net\/v\/(.*\.mp4)\?
acl facebook url_regex -i akamaihd\.net\/v\/(.*\.jpg)\?

##Dominios denegados
*acl restringidos dstdomain "/etc/squid/listas/restringidos.lst" (here is
.whatsapp.com)
*acl dominios_denegados dstdomain "/etc/squid/listas/dominios_denegados.lst"

#Puertos
acl SSL_ports port 443
acl SSL_ports port 4443
acl SSL_ports port 8443
acl SSL_ports port 8080
acl SSL_ports port 20000
acl SSL_ports port 10000
acl SSL_ports port 2083

acl Safe_ports port 631         # httpCUPS
acl Safe_ports port 85
acl Safe_ports port 80          # http
acl Safe_ports port 21          # ftp
acl Safe_ports port 443         # https
acl Safe_ports port 4443        # https
acl Safe_ports port 70          # gopher
acl Safe_ports port 210         # wais
acl Safe_ports port 8443        # httpsalt
acl Safe_ports port 1025-65535  # unregistered ports
acl Safe_ports port 280         # http-mgmt
acl Safe_ports port 488         # gss-http
acl Safe_ports port 591         # filemaker
acl Safe_ports port 777         # multiling http
acl Safe_ports port 8080        # edesur y otros
acl Safe_ports port 2199 # radio
acl CONNECT method CONNECT

#
# Deny requests to certain unsafe ports
http_access deny !Safe_ports

# Deny CONNECT to other than secure SSL ports
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports

# Only allow cachemgr access from localhost
http_access allow localhost manager
http_access deny manager

# We strongly recommend the following be uncommented to protect innocent
# web applications running on the proxy server who think the only
# one who can access services on "localhost" is a local user
http_access deny to_localhost

#
# INSERT YOUR OWN RULE(S) HERE TO ALLOW ACCESS FROM YOUR CLIENTS
#

# Example rule allowing access from your local networks.
# Adapt localnet in the ACL section to list your (internal) IP networks
# from where browsing should be allowed
http_access allow sin_autenticacion
*http_access allow i-restringidos !restringidos
*http_access allow i-limitado !dominios_denegados
*http_access allow i-full !dominios_denegados
*http_access allow localhost

# And finally deny all other access to this proxy
http_access deny all

# Squid normally listens to port 3128
http_port 127.0.0.1:3128
http_port 192.168.1.215:3128 ssl-bump generate-host-certificates=on
dynamic_cert_mem_cache_size=4MB cert=/etc/squid/ssl_cert/myca.pem
key=/etc/squid/ssl_cert/myca.pem

acl step1 at_step SslBump1

acl excludeSSL ssl::server_name_regex "/etc/squid/listas/excluidosSSL.lst"

ssl_bump peek step1
ssl_bump splice excludeSSL
ssl_bump bump all

#tcp_outgoing_address

# Uncomment and adjust the following to add a disk cache directory.
cache_dir diskd /var/spool/squid 15000 16 256
cache_mem 500 MB
#maximum_object_size_in_memory 1 MB

cache_swap_low 70
cache_swap_high 85

# Leave coredumps in the first cache dir
coredump_dir /var/spool/squid

#Your refresh_pattern
refresh_pattern -i \.jpg$ 30 0% 30 ignore-no-cache ignore-no-store
ignore-private
refresh_pattern -i ^http:\/\/www\.google\.com\/$ 0 20% 360 override-expire
override-lastmod ignore-reload ignore-no-cache ignore-no-store
reload-into-ims ignore-must-revalidate
#
# Add any of your own refresh_pattern entries above these.
#
refresh_pattern ^ftp: 1440 20% 10080
refresh_pattern ^gopher: 1440 0% 1440
refresh_pattern -i (/cgi-bin/|\?) 0 0% 0
refresh_pattern . 0 20% 4320

###ACTIVAR EN CASO DE "Connection reset by peer" EN MUCHOS HOST
via off
forwarded_for delete

request_header_access From deny all
request_header_access Server deny all
request_header_access WWW-Authenticate deny all
request_header_access Link deny all
request_header_access Cache-Control deny all
request_header_access Proxy-Connection deny all
request_header_access X-Cache deny all
request_header_access X-Cache-Lookup deny all
request_header_access Via deny all
request_header_access X-Forwarded-For deny all
request_header_access Pragma deny all
request_header_access Keep-Alive deny all

###

#Pools para ancho de banda
delay_pools 5

#Ancho de Youtube
delay_class 1 2
delay_parameters 1 1000000/1000000 10000/100000
delay_access 1 allow i-limitado youtube !facebook
delay_access 1 deny all

#Ancho de Facebook
delay_class 2 2
delay_parameters 2 1000000/1000000 50000/256000
delay_access 2 allow i-limitado facebook !youtube
delay_access 2 deny all

#Ancho de banda YOUTUBE FULL
delay_class 3 1
delay_parameters 3 1000000/1000000
delay_access 3 allow i-full youtube !facebook
delay_access 3 deny all

#Ancho de banda LIMITADO
delay_class 4 2
delay_parameters 4 4000000/4000000 100000/500000
delay_access 4 allow i-limitado !youtube !facebook
delay_access 4 deny all

#Ancho de banda FULL
delay_class 5 2
delay_parameters 5 4000000/4000000 500000/1000000
delay_access 5 allow i-full !youtube !facebook
delay_access 5 deny all

dns_nameservers 192.168.1.10 192.168.1.22
visible_hostname squid.domain.lan

# try connecting to first 25 ips of a domain name
forward_max_tries 25

# fix some ipv6 errors (recommended to comment out)
dns_v4_first on

Can somebody give me a hand??
Thanks!

Re: Block a web just for a group inside another group, or how?

erdosain9
I dont know if i explain well myself...
i just want block some web access (facebook, web.whatsapp, etc.) to just a
few users from a large group.
Thanks

Re: Block a web just for a group inside another group, or how?

Yuri Voinov
Indeed.

Just enumerate this users in acl and put this acl above group acl.

05.12.2017 4:17, erdosain9 пишет:

> I dont know if i explain well myself...
> i just want block some web access (facebook, web.whatsapp, etc.) to just a
> few users from a large group.
> Thanks
>

> --
> Sent from: http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/Squid-Users-f1019091.html
"Some people, when confronted with a problem, think «I know, I'll use regular expressions.» Now they have two problems."
--Jamie Zawinsk

Re: Block a web just for a group inside another group, or how?

erdosain9
Sorry, i dont understand.
Just enumerate the user in a acl?

a common acl or a kerberos acl??

can you put me a example please?

05.12.2017 4:38, erdosain9 пишет:
> Sorry, i dont understand.
> Just enumerate the user in a acl?
Not just. You will have an subset of users which will fires first on
specific URL.
Same like any firewall works, squid process acls from top to bottom.

> a common acl or a kerberos acl??
No matter. All acls works identically. From top to bottom.

> can you put me a example please?
No, sorry. I dont use any auth in my proxies (they are all transparent).
But your can trivially do it yourself. At least, you can check it and
prove. (Yes, we're not administering your systems ;))

> Thanks
>

> --
> Sent from: http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/Squid-Users-f1019091.html
"Some people, when confronted with a problem, think «I know, I'll use regular expressions.» Now they have two problems."
--Jamie Zawinsk

Re: Block a web just for a group inside another group, or how?

Yuri Voinov
Well, something like this (just to illustrate principe, dont copy and
paste ;)):

# Subset who don't have access to web whatsapp
acl no_web_whatsapp src IP1 IP2 IP3 IP4
acl web_whatsapp dstdomain web.whatsapp.com
# Group incouding IP1-IP4; the rest of group has access to web whatsapp
acl your_group src IP1 IP2 IP3 IP4 IP5 IP6 IP7 IP8 IP9 IP10 IP11

http_access deny no_web_whatsapp web_whatsapp
http_access allow your_group

The idea is: First ACL wotks only for subset of IP for one specific
site. All requests not satisfy deny rule pass to next allow rule.

05.12.2017 4:38, erdosain9 пишет:

> Sorry, i dont understand.
> Just enumerate the user in a acl?
>
> a common acl or a kerberos acl??
>
> can you put me a example please?
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> Sent from: http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/Squid-Users-f1019091.html
"Some people, when confronted with a problem, think «I know, I'll use regular expressions.» Now they have two problems."
--Jamie Zawinsk

Re: Block a web just for a group inside another group, or how?

erdosain9
But, that's exactly the problem.

Thats what i do.
I do a have this large group
i-full
and a small group with a few users from i-full, the small group is called
i-restringidos.

And put i-restringidos in the top... (as you can see in my config file)

But, is not working. They can go trough the web i try to block.
If i delete the user from i-full, then yes, works... (the users then is just
in i-restringidos).

Re: Block a web just for a group inside another group, or how?

erdosain9
mmm

Ok, thanks
i do that but, with users (calling a new group in the domain). Instead of
this i can do a list of users in a file??
Anyway, i do that, but instead of
http access deny acl acl

i do

http access allow acl !acl

This will be the problem? or is the same? (the same "in other words")

Thanks for your time

05.12.2017 5:06, erdosain9 пишет:

> mmm
>
> Ok, thanks
> i do that but, with users (calling a new group in the domain). Instead of
> this i can do a list of users in a file??
> Anyway, i do that, but instead of
> http access deny acl acl
>
> i do
>
> http access allow acl !acl
>
> This will be the problem? or is the same? (the same "in other words")
>
> Thanks for your time

Usually, if one subgroup should be deny and the rest of group should allow,
deny should fires first.

In firewalls, if rule above fires, no other rules process for sessions
which catched by fired rules (of course, if specific appropriate
keyword, yes).

I'm not sure, how squid process ACLs. AFAIK, first fired rule should
overlap others for current session and next acls should not process.

On 05/12/17 11:59, erdosain9 wrote:

> But, that's exactly the problem.
>
> Thats what i do.
> I do a have this large group
> i-full
> and a small group with a few users from i-full, the small group is called
> i-restringidos.
>
> And put i-restringidos in the top... (as you can see in my config file)
>
> But, is not working. They can go trough the web i try to block.
> If i delete the user from i-full, then yes, works... (the users then is just
> in i-restringidos).

So lets look at your config. These are the relevant lines:

 > http_access allow sin_autenticacion
 > http_access allow i-restringidos !restringidos
 > http_access allow i-limitado !dominios_denegados
 > http_access allow i-full !dominios_denegados
 > http_access allow localhost

The first thing you do is ALLOW for anyone who can login. End of story.
Nothing more to check, they are allowed.

*otherwise* ... (for clients who are not authenticated) their group
i-restringidos is checked. Group for a not-authenticated client is
impossible. Go to next line.

*otherwise* ... group i-limitado is checked. Group for a
not-authenticated client is impossible. Go to next line.

*otherwise* ... group i-full is checked. Group for a not-authenticated
client is impossible. Go to next line.

*otherwise* ALLOW if the client is on localhost.

Do you understand what is going wrong there?

Re: Block a web just for a group inside another group, or how?

Yuri Voinov
Amos, you are as always deep and brief. I did not look carefully at the
list of rules;)

05.12.2017 5:16, Amos Jeffries пишет:

> On 05/12/17 11:59, erdosain9 wrote:
>> But, that's exactly the problem.
>>
>> Thats what i do.
>> I do a have this large group
>> i-full
>> and a small group with a few users from i-full, the small group is
>> called
>> i-restringidos.
>>
>> And put i-restringidos in the top... (as you can see in my config file)
>>
>> But, is not working. They can go trough the web i try to block.
>> If i delete the user from i-full, then yes, works... (the users then
>> is just
>> in i-restringidos).
>>

> So lets look at your config. These are the relevant lines:
>
> > http_access allow sin_autenticacion
> > http_access allow i-restringidos !restringidos
> > http_access allow i-limitado !dominios_denegados
> > http_access allow i-full !dominios_denegados
> > http_access allow localhost
>

> The first thing you do is ALLOW for anyone who can login. End of
> story. Nothing more to check, they are allowed.
>
> *otherwise* ... (for clients who are not authenticated) their group
> i-restringidos is checked. Group for a not-authenticated client is
> impossible. Go to next line.
>
> *otherwise* ... group i-limitado is checked. Group for a
> not-authenticated client is impossible. Go to next line.
>
> *otherwise* ... group i-full is checked. Group for a not-authenticated
> client is impossible. Go to next line.
>
> *otherwise* ALLOW if the client is on localhost.
>

> Do you understand what is going wrong there?

"Some people, when confronted with a problem, think «I know, I'll use regular expressions.» Now they have two problems."
--Jamie Zawinsk

Re: Block a web just for a group inside another group, or how?

erdosain9
Thanks Amos.

Let's be clear ... this configuration was working exactly as I wanted it to.
The users in each of those groups (i-full, sin_autenticacion, i-limitados)
navigated without problems. So that they did not navigate, I simply took
them out of one of those groups, period. Everything works as I want except
this related to the group "i-restricted" which is composed of some users of
"i-full".

Thats because i need to "deny"? that group to navigate to the acl of
web.whatsapp, etc.??

Let's be clear... because im not :-)

Do you understand what is going wrong there?

Nop................

Sorry..... i dont get it.

Bgs

Re: Block a web just for a group inside another group, or how?

Bgs

In general, the basic idea is this:

ACLs:

LARGEGROUP (eg. all users)
SMALLGROUP (subset of LARGEGROUP you want to further filter)

SMALLBLACKLIST (site list for SMALLGROUP)

http_access deny SMALLGROUP SMALLBLACKLIST
http_access allow LARGEGROUP [whatever]
http_access deny all

You could technically do this too:

http_access allow SMALLGROUP !SMALLBLACKLIST [whatever]
http_access allow LARGEGROUP !SMALLGROUP [whatever]
http_access deny all

But it's more difficult to follow and maintain. (For instance, you need
to specify the 'whatever' logic twice, instead of once. Also, if
'whatever' is achieved on multiple lines, things are further complicated.)

When handling exceptions, handle them first, then the more general ones.

Cheers,
Bgs

On 05/12/17 13:07, erdosain9 wrote:
> Thanks Amos.
>
> Let's be clear ... this configuration was working exactly as I wanted it to.
> The users in each of those groups (i-full, sin_autenticacion, i-limitados)
> navigated without problems. So that they did not navigate, I simply took
> them out of one of those groups, period. Everything works as I want except
> this related to the group "i-restricted" which is composed of some users of
> "i-full".

So what do you think happens for them?

You are currently only specifying allow permissions. *One* of their
groups allows the transaction.