Blocking Porn

Nadeem Semaan
As you all know, there are a billion porn sites out there.  What is the most effective way of blocking them?

http://sims.yahoo.com/

Re: Blocking Porn

Alexandre Correa
using squidguard or dansguardian :)

--

Sds.
Alexandre J. Correa
http://www.ondainternet.com.br
http://www.opinguim.net

RE: Blocking Porn

Mark Barlow
I found squidguard to be very good at this.  I used the shalla blacklists
http://squidguard.shalla.de/shallalist.html which include a blacklist of
over 600,000 porn sites.  The documentation for squidguard is not that clear
for noobs like me but I managed to set it up.  Took my memory usage from
over 2Gb to just over 200Mb.

Regards

Mark Barlow

As you all know, there are a billion porn sites out there.  What is the most
effective way of blocking them?

________
Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.
http://sims.yahoo.com/

AW: Blocking Porn

Starckjohann, Ove
at the moment i'm wget'ing this three lists every night and merge them
for usage with squidGuard:

http://squidguard.mesd.k12.or.us/blacklists.tgz
http://squidguard.shalla.de/Downloads/shallalist.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.univ-tlse1.fr/pub/reseau/cache/squidguard_contrib/adult.tar.gz

works ok so far :-)

Ove

Re: AW: Blocking Porn

Dharam Paul Balley

> > at the moment i'm wget'ing this three lists every
> > night and merge them
> > for usage with squidGuard:
> >
> > http://squidguard.mesd.k12.or.us/blacklists.tgz

http://squidguard.shalla.de/Downloads/shallalist.tar.gz

ftp://ftp.univ-tlse1.fr/pub/reseau/cache/squidguard_contrib/adult.tar.gz

> > works ok so far :-)
> >
> > Ove

Dharam Paul Balley