Bounces

Alex K
Hi all,

I have been receiving lately the following from the list:

Your membership in the mailing list squid-users has been disabled due
to excessive bounces

Any known issues with the list?
Alex

Re: Bounces

Matus UHLAR - fantomas
On 04.08.18 18:29, Alex K wrote:
>I have been receiving lately the following from the list:
>
>Your membership in the mailing list squid-users has been disabled due
>to excessive bounces
>
>Any known issues with the list?

I don't think so. It's possible that your mailserver (gmail) refused some
mail in the last few days.

Did not happen to me. I don't know if gmail provides logs related to your
account...

then used against you.

Bounces

Goetz Schultz
It seems this happens from time to time. Despite my setting to "accept
all", I have drops from various mailing lists due to bounces. Why? No idea.

Thanks and regards

  Goetz R. Schultz

On 04/08/18 16:48, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

> On 04.08.18 18:29, Alex K wrote:
>> I have been receiving lately the following from the list:
>>
>> Your membership in the mailing list squid-users has been disabled due
>> to excessive bounces
>>
>> Any known issues with the list?
>
> I don't think so. It's possible that your mailserver (gmail) refused some
> mail in the last few days.
>
> Did not happen to me. I don't know if gmail provides logs related to your
> account...

---------------------------->8------------------------------

  /"\
  \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
   X   against HTML e-mail
  / \
 This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Re: Bounces

TarotApprentice
I get them all the time. Yahoo seems to be particularly bad.

MarkJ

On Sat, 4/8/18, Alex K <[hidden email]> wrote:

 Subject: [squid-users] Bounces
 To: [hidden email]

 Hi all,
 I have been receiving lately the following from
 the list:
 Your
 membership in the mailing list squid-users has been disabled
 due
 excessive bounces

 Any known
 issues with the list?Alex_______________________________________________

 -----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Re: Bounces

Alex K
I am using the same account to many other lists without such bounce reports. It could be that others are not sending such reports. I will see if i can find any logs at gtmail.

Thanx,
Alex

On Aug 4, 2018 19:18, "Goetz Schultz" <[hidden email]> wrote:
It seems this happens from time to time. Despite my setting to "accept
all", I have drops from various mailing lists due to bounces. Why? No idea.

Thanks and regards

  Goetz R. Schultz

On 04/08/18 16:48, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> On 04.08.18 18:29, Alex K wrote:
>> I have been receiving lately the following from the list:
>>
>> Your membership in the mailing list squid-users has been disabled due
>> to excessive bounces
>>
>> Any known issues with the list?
>
> I don't think so. It's possible that your mailserver (gmail) refused some
> mail in the last few days.
>
> Did not happen to me. I don't know if gmail provides logs related to your
> account...

---------------------------->8------------------------------

  /"\
  \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
   X   against HTML e-mail
  / \
 This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Re: Bounces

login mogin
Happened to me as well, kind of a gmail <--> lists.squid-cache.org thing I guess.

Re: Bounces

On 05/08/18 16:03, login mogin wrote:
> Happened to me as well, kind of a gmail <--> lists.squid-cache.org
> <http://lists.squid-cache.org> thing I guess.

We have in the past seen a few issues where peoples accounts got hacked
and their address used to deliver spam. This can result in badly
configured ISPs blocking anything incoming from those addresses with a
full bounce back at us when a 5xx error should have been used.

Or the boring old "normal" reason - your ISP just decided to block
receipt of our mailing list posts to your subscribed address.

Or the LetsEncrypt script broke on us yet again (seems to do so for a
few hours / days almost every update). Any ISPs actually checking the
DKIM signatures can block list mail while the STARTTLS sorts itself out
and get bounces recorded against your subscription.

Alternatively, if you are still trying to post to the @squid-cache.org
mailing list address the listserver will register that as a delivery
error which gets aggregated into the "bounce" category.
 NP: those lists have been dead for *years* now, if this is you please
fix your address books.

As that message from our listserver said "Your membership in the mailing
list squid-users has been disabled due to excessive bounces".

For anyone else seeing this now or in future:

The disable is specific to an individual subscription. If the listserver
mentioned any way to re-enable your account please do that. Or your can
try unsubscribe and re-subscribe.

If you still need help after trying those please contact our noc@
mailing list.

If *that* noc@ contact attempt gets bounced/rejected our bugzilla has a
"Project Services" product you can register issues with. Just be aware
that makes a permanent public bug record.