Bypass a ICAP error in Squid?

Ralf Hildebrandt
How can I bypass an ICAP error in Squid (currently squid5)?

Background: We're using Squid with C-icap, and recently had (like
anybody else) huge issues with clamd not working properly.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt                   Charite Universitätsmedizin Berlin
[hidden email]        Campus Benjamin Franklin

Re: Bypass a ICAP error in Squid?

Alex Rousskov
On 01/30/2018 06:27 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> How can I bypass an ICAP error in Squid (currently squid5)?

See the bypass option of the icap_service directive but keep in mind
http://lists.squid-cache.org/pipermail/squid-users/2018-January/017484.html

* Alex Rousskov <[hidden email]>:
> On 01/30/2018 06:27 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> > How can I bypass an ICAP error in Squid (currently squid5)?
>
> See the bypass option of the icap_service directive but keep in mind
> http://lists.squid-cache.org/pipermail/squid-users/2018-January/017484.html

So that means that C-ICAP needs to fail in a a way that allows squid
to bypass it...

On 01/30/2018 08:36 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> * Alex Rousskov <[hidden email]>:
>> On 01/30/2018 06:27 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
>>> How can I bypass an ICAP error in Squid (currently squid5)?
>>
>> See the bypass option of the icap_service directive but keep in mind
>> http://lists.squid-cache.org/pipermail/squid-users/2018-January/017484.html

> So that means that C-ICAP needs to fail in a a way that allows squid
> to bypass it...

Squid bugs notwithstanding, yes. And it is likely that c-icap already
fails that way in the context of this and quoted threads.

However, I suspect there is a Squid bug in this area. It should be fixed
before bypass=on becomes a viable option in this context. It takes two
to tango.