Can reverse_proxy be set as a rotating proxy?

Can reverse_proxy be set as a rotating proxy?

Peng Yu
Hi,

I am not sure what the policy of reverse proxy is in squid. Using the
notation in this figure, can squid on "proxy" be set to use "web
servers" one after another for each request (i.e., rotating)? Thanks.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/67/Reverse_proxy_h2g2bob.svg

Peng

Re: Can reverse_proxy be set as a rotating proxy?

On 11/02/18 05:18, Peng Yu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not sure what the policy of reverse proxy is in squid. Using the
> notation in this figure, can squid on "proxy" be set to use "web
> servers" one after another for each request (i.e., rotating)? Thanks.

see <https://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/LoadBalance> for the set of
load balancing algorithms you can configure Squid to use when selecting
upstream peers. The round-robin algorithm is probably what you are wanting.