CentOS 7 -- Squid 3.5.20

Evan Blackstone-2

Good morning all,

I installed Squid from the main CentOS repos, and I noticed that ssl_crtd is missing from the package (making SSL inspection broken). I’ve found a thread on serverfault in which someone just recommend downloading and installing squid-helpers.rpm from a third party repo, but that is unfortunately not permissible in my circumstance.

Any suggestions? Am I missing something?

Evan Blackstone
Oklahoma Employees Credit Union
Information Security Officer
Phone: 405.606.6369
Mobile: 405.669.1638
Fax: 405.606.6345
[hidden email]
www.oecu.org

NOTICE:
This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by replying to the original message at the listed email address.

Thank you
Oklahoma Employees Credit Union
http://www.oecu.org

Re: CentOS 7 -- Squid 3.5.20

Craddock, Tommy

Hello,

Pull down the source, edit the rpm spec file to build what you need, and build it yourself.  This is the best way to maintain packages in an env like yours.

Tommy Craddock

Re: CentOS 7 -- Squid 3.5.20

Eliezer Croitoru
As the maintainer of the *external*CentOS repository I believe that there is
some confusion.
You should read the note in the wiki about my repository:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/KnowledgeBase/CentOS#Pre-Built_Binary_Packages

You cannot install squid-helpers rpm without the squid rpm from the repo
since your main squid binaries will be missing the core functionality of
bumping ssl connections.
The ssl_crtd is just a helper software which can be written by the squid
team or by someone else.
It happens so the Squid-Cache team found it unreasonable to release an
helper api without the helper itself.
Squid main function is a simple forward proxy without any ssl
bumping\interception and also since it's illegal in more than some places on
the globe to use ssl-bump, I decided package it as a helper
You can use the RPMS or SRPMS from my repository just get into:
http://ngtech.co.il/repo/centos/7/

and find your way in the folder.
If you need more help I am here for it.

All The Bests,

http://ngtech.co.il/lmgtfy/

I installed Squid from the main CentOS repos, and I noticed that ssl_crtd is
missing from the package (making SSL inspection broken). I’ve found a thread
on serverfault in which someone just recommend downloading and installing
squid-helpers.rpm from a third party repo, but that is unfortunately not
permissible in my circumstance.

Any suggestions? Am I missing something?

Evan Blackstone
Oklahoma Employees Credit Union
Information Security Officer
Phone: 405.606.6369
Mobile: 405.669.1638
Fax: 405.606.6345
mailto:[hidden email]
http://www.oecu.org
https://www.facebook.com/OKEmployeesCU/https://www.instagram.com/okemployees
cu/https://www.linkedin.com/company/oklahoma-employees-credit-unionhttps://t
witter.com/oecuhttps://www.youtube.com/user/MyOECU

NOTICE:
This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
otherwise exempt from disclosure. If the reader of this e-mail is not the
intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the
immediately notify us by replying to the original message at the listed
email address.

Thank you
Oklahoma Employees Credit Union
http://www.oecu.org

Re: CentOS 7 -- Squid 3.5.20

Evan Blackstone-2
Thank you very much for the info.

What's weird is that the "squid -v" output from the CentOS distribution has the "--with-openssl" and "--enable-ssl_crtd" flags enabled! I just assumed that it was capable of SSL stuff since I saw that.

I went ahead and just compiled it per Tommy's suggestion earlier in the day. (I even used the output of the "squid -v" command from the prebuilt CentOS version.) Had a little trouble figuring out the permissions/folder/Squid user stuff (since that stuff is done automatically when installing from repos), but it seems to be up and running now.

Thank you guys for the help again!

[...]

For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.com ______________________________________________________________________

squid always dies

Marcel Fossua
Hi all
please cant someone give me a hand with this issue ?
my squid box randomly dies after running for some times and I always need to restart it
I get this output from cache.log

Page faults with physical i/o: 0
CPU Usage: 2.636 seconds = 1.034 user + 1.602 sys
Maximum Resident Size: 541392 KB
Page faults with physical i/o: 0
CPU Usage: 2.728 seconds = 0.996 user + 1.732 sys
Maximum Resident Size: 552320 KB
Page faults with physical i/o: 0
CPU Usage: 2.999 seconds = 1.158 user + 1.841 sys
Maximum Resident Size: 548464 KB
Page faults with physical i/o: 0

thanks and Bests regards

Re: squid always dies

On 15/03/2017 12:30 p.m., Marcel Fossua wrote:

> Hi all
> please cant someone give me a hand with this issue ?
> my squid box randomly dies after running for some times and I always need to
> restart it
> I get this output from cache.log
>
> *Page faults with physical i/o: 0
> CPU Usage: 2.636 seconds = 1.034 user + 1.602 sys
> Maximum Resident Size: 541392 KB
> Page faults with physical i/o: 0
> CPU Usage: 2.728 seconds = 0.996 user + 1.732 sys
> Maximum Resident Size: 552320 KB
> Page faults with physical i/o: 0
> CPU Usage: 2.999 seconds = 1.158 user + 1.841 sys
> Maximum Resident Size: 548464 KB
> Page faults with physical i/o: 0

1) Please dont hijack a thread about a completely different topic.

2) This info tells nothing about any problem.

Cheers