Deny_Info

creditu
I have seen the use of deny_info done a few ways in regard to the
placement of the htttp_access line:

acl www dstdomain www.example.com

deny_info http://www.other.com www
http_access deny www

Or

http_access deny www
deny_info http://www.other.com www

The example on the squid acl page uses the first example.   Just curious
why I see the second in a lot of configs.

Re: Deny_Info

On 3/02/2017 3:16 a.m., creditu wrote:

> I have seen the use of deny_info done a few ways in regard to the
> placement of the htttp_access line:
>
> acl www dstdomain www.example.com
>
> deny_info http://www.other.com www
> http_access deny www
>
> Or
>
> http_access deny www
> deny_info http://www.other.com www
>
> The example on the squid acl page uses the first example.   Just curious
> why I see the second in a lot of configs.

Admin style preference. Possily one of the early config tutorials was
written that way and a lot of copy-n-paste has happened.

The only ordering requirement here is that the 'acl' line comes first.