Different directory authentication depending on the network.

Different directory authentication depending on the network.

Colle Christophe
Hello,

I have a question about squid :

Several networks use the same Squid proxy server, in order to set up the authentication, I would like to know if it is possible to configure several directories according to the network of the client?

Or whether to create an instance of squid per network.

Thank you.

Re: Different directory authentication depending on the network.

On 27/03/18 04:19, Colle Christophe wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a question about squid :
>
> Several networks use the same Squid proxy server, in order to set up the
> authentication, I would like to know if it is possible to configure
> several directories according to the network of the client?

Maybe yes, maybe no.

What authentication can do depends on the type of authentication, the
auth helper being used, and the Squid version capabilities.

> Or whether to create an instance of squid per network.

That should not be necessary. But is the easiest quick solution if you
have the server capacity to do it.