Disable authentication for squidclient

Sankar S
Hi All,

               I have been running a squid proxy 4.9 compiled version for my users externally domain accessibility with authentication enabled. now I want to check my proxy stats via squidclient cache manager.  when I tried to run this command in my proxy server it throws 407 authentication required error.  Is it possible to disable authentication for this operation alone

~/squid_4.9/bin>./squidclient -p 8080 mgr:info
HTTP/1.1 407 Proxy Authentication Required
Server: squid/4.9
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 07:28:47 GMT
Via: 1.1 172.20.24.39 (squid/4.9)
Connection: close

When I send a connection with authentication, it throws 400 bad request

squid_4.9/bin>./squidclient -p 8080 mgr:info -u zorro
proxy password:
HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
Server: squid/4.9
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 07:30:46 GMT
Via: 1.1 172.20.24.39 (squid/4.9)
Connection: close

Kindly let me know if there is any way to get squid stats via squid client  without authentication.
--
Thanks & Regards
Sankaranarayanan.S

Re: Disable authentication for squidclient

On 28/07/20 11:30 pm, Sankar S wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>                I have been running a squid proxy 4.9 compiled version
> for my users externally domain accessibility with authentication
> enabled. now I want to check my proxy stats via squidclient cache
> manager.  when I tried to run this command in my proxy server it throws
> 407 authentication required error.  Is it possible to disable
> authentication for this operation alone

The default configuration for Squid is to allow this and other manager
tools requests.

It seems you have explicitly removed that ability and/or forced
authentication to happen before checking management access. All you need
to do is fix that in squid.conf.

> ~/squid_4.9/bin>./squidclient -p 8080 mgr:info
> HTTP/1.1 407 Proxy Authentication Required
> Server: squid/4.9
> Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 07:28:47 GMT
> Via: 1.1 172.20.24.39 (squid/4.9)
> Connection: close
>
> When I send a connection with authentication, it throws 400 bad request
>
> squid_4.9/bin>./squidclient -p 8080 mgr:info -u zorro

All parameters are supposed to be before the URL (mgr:info). squidclient
works fine for me with authentication.