Double method of authentication, possible?

Double method of authentication, possible?

Antonino Sanacori
Hi.

I normally use a ldap authentication for my user but i would use the
basic authentication for some user.

How can i configure squid to support both methods?

Thank you.

Antonino

--

Informativa sulla Privacy: http://www.unibs.it/node/8155
<http://www.unibs.it/node/8155>

Re: Double method of authentication, possible?

On 9/07/20 9:44 pm, Antonino Gianfranco Sanacori wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I normally use a ldap authentication for my user but i would use the
> basic authentication for some user.
>
> How can i configure squid to support both methods?

They are not two methods. So no. But yes it is possible.

-> Basic is the *scheme* in HTTP auth for representing credentials.

-> LDAP is a protocol API for talking to auth services.

HTTP supports using multiple *schemes* to authenticate clients.

Squid supports *one* helper per scheme to authenticate the credentials
provided using that scheme.

The helper you configure may *use* multiple backend services with
different APIs to check those Basic credentials coming from your
clients. Squid does not provide a helper to check multiple backends for
Basic scheme, but it is easy to write one of your own based on the
"fake" helper provided.

Re: Double method of authentication, possible?

Antonino Sanacori
Thanks Amos.

But if i had another Squid istance on different port  to configure one
scheme on instance A and one scheme on instance B?

On 10/07/20 10:48 pm, Antonino Gianfranco Sanacori wrote:
> Thanks Amos.
>
> But if i had another Squid istance on different port  to configure one
> scheme on instance A and one scheme on instance B?

You would then have two proxies. That is not what you asked for help with.