Dstdomain "there are more than 100 regular expressions"

Dstdomain "there are more than 100 regular expressions"

erdosain9
Hi. I have this in my cache.log

ad_block, is a list for block publicity.

there is a best way to do that??

2017/07/06 10:35:49| /etc/squid/squid.conf line 55: acl ads dstdom_regex "/etc/squid/listas/ad_block.lst"
2017/07/06 10:35:49| WARNING: there are more than 100 regular expressions. Consider using less REs or use rules without expressions like 'dstdomain'.

Thanks to all.

Re: Dstdomain "there are more than 100 regular expressions"

dijxie
W dniu 06.07.2017 o 15:22, erdosain9 pisze:
Hi. I have this in my cache.log

ad_block, is a list for block publicity.

there is a best way to do that??

2017/07/06 10:35:49| /etc/squid/squid.conf line 55: acl ads dstdom_regex
"/etc/squid/listas/ad_block.lst"
2017/07/06 10:35:49| WARNING: there are more than 100 regular expressions.
Consider using less REs or use rules without expressions like 'dstdomain'.

Thanks to all.

I think best answer will be: ignore that if your squid is running fine, or look for external filtering solution like Eliezer's squidblocker or squidguard (slow and somehow obsolete, as for me)

Here is good explenation by Amos:
http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/WARNING-there-are-more-than-100-regular-expressions-tp4668529p4668573.html

--
Greets, Dijx.

Re: Dstdomain "there are more than 100 regular expressions"

Hey,

The choice to work with regular expressions on domain names is kind of weird to me.
I would try to explain why I am thinking this way.
Let say I have a domain such as:
p.ngtech.co.il
and this domain has many sub domains and I want to catch each and every one of these domains how would I block them using a regex?
^s1\.p\.ngtech\.co\.il$
Or
^s[0-9]+\.p.ngtech\.co\.il$

What did I earned if the whole ngtech.co.il domain contains content that I don’t want?
There are very specific cases which regex are good for domains blacklisting but if you need them so much then just split them into two groups of 90 to overcome the squid warning.
If you are using a blacklist which offers you a blacklist with regex then I think you are using the wrong one or using it the wrong way.

If you want me to help you with this matter we can findout together if there is a much smarter and better way to block these sites then first making sure that the domain is not a match for more then 100 regex.

All The Bests,