ERR_ICAP_FAILURE unless squid reconfigure

ERR_ICAP_FAILURE unless squid reconfigure

Vieri
Hi,

I noticed that whenever I restart c-icap (http://c-icap.sourceforge.net/), the Squid cache HTTP clients display the ERR_ICAP_FAILURE page.
If I send the reconfigure action to the squid process then this "error" goes away.

How can I avoid having to "recofnigure" squid when c-icap is restarted (if possible)?

I have this in squid.conf:

icap_enable on
icap_send_client_ip on
icap_send_client_username on
icap_client_username_encode off
icap_client_username_header X-Authenticated-User
icap_preview_enable on
icap_preview_size 1024
icap_service squidclamav respmod_precache bypass=0 icap://127.0.0.1:1344/clamav
adaptation_access squidclamav allow all

Thanks,

Vieri

On 11/07/2017 09:28 AM, Vieri wrote:

> whenever I restart c-icap, the Squid cache HTTP clients display the ERR_ICAP_FAILURE page.

Yes, when an essential ICAP service is unavailable, Squid will try
icap_service_failure_limit times and then will declare the service as
down, displaying the corresponding error to users.

> If I send the reconfigure action to the squid process then this "error" goes away.

FWIW, the error should also "go away" after icap_service_revival_delay
(provided the ICAP server is running again by that time).

> How can I avoid having to "recofnigure" squid when c-icap is restarted (if possible)?

You can increase icap_service_failure_limit or mark the ICAP service as
optional (i.e., use "bypass=on").

Re: ERR_ICAP_FAILURE unless squid reconfigure

Vieri
I set icap_service_failure_limit -1.

It seems to work OK now in my case.

Thanks!