FW: ldap and squid authentication

Trevor Akers
My ldap authentication works flawlessly, but users do not want to have
to put in their username and password every time they open a browser.

Is it possible to authorize the user with squid_ldap_group and let them
access the internet without them having to put in credentials, or only
put in their credentials once?

Re: FW: ldap and squid authentication

Sergey A. Kobzar
Hello Trevor,

Same question was discussed 10th May. Check mailing list archive. Subj
"Squid Authentication + ldap/samba".

P.S. Many browsers have option to save proxy user/passwd.

--
Best regards,
 Sergey                            mailto:[hidden email]

RE: FW: ldap and squid authentication

Trevor Akers
Yea, I noticed that, but with LDAP and squid neither browser I have
(I.E. or Firefox) save the password. You put your username and password
once, and when you open a browsers the authentication prompt comes up,
but its populated, we don't want it to come up at all.

With NTLM authentication using samba and winbind the user authenticates
once and are not asked for it again until they change their password on
the domain.