Facebook Messenger (Not Internet Connection->Connecting)

Facebook Messenger (Not Internet Connection->Connecting)

Hery Martin
Hello guys!

I'm having this weird issue since 2 month ago. Don't know why when some body try to use Facebook Menssager (https://www.messenger.com) after login, you can see all your contacts and messages, but inmediately shown red bar with "Not Internet Connection" text. Its important to say that only happens using https://www.messenger.com, if you uses https://www.facebook.com/messages/ all works as expected.

I hope that any of you can test it in your environments???

Anyway my squid version is 3.5.12, I manage an Enterprise Network, so just to be sure, I had tested with a clean Squid installation on our virtualization cluster, and the results was the same.

I also tested it without Squid, to know if was caused by my ISP provider, but browsing locally in the server where Squid are virtualized but with no proxy, thing works as expected.

Tracing the request in the browser console, I found that URLs https://6-edge-chat.messenger.com/p?partition or any orther number (1-, 2-, 3-, 4-) at the beginning are trowing ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED immediately and looking into squid access log shown as TCP_TUNNEL/200 0 CONNECT 6-edge-chat.messenger.com:443 - HIER_DIRECT/157.240.14.15 - and nothing more!

This is melting my brain. So please test it before to know if you have the same problem

Cheers!

Re: Facebook Messenger (Not Internet Connection->Connecting)

Hery Martin
Hello Yuri

Right now I compiled 3.5.27, and still have the same issue, so maybe its something related with my environment??? But... what can be?