Fwd: HTTP X-FORWARDED HEADER

Monika Avalur
Hello,

I am using squid proxy to test some application in my company.

I have a use cases where I need to use the X-Forwarded-For header from squid proxy

I tried by editing the squid configuration file and including

acl localhost src 127.0.0.1

 forwarded_for on
follow_x_forwarded_for allow localhost

But still I am unable to see the HTTP header in chrome.

While I looked up the documentation, it said requires --enable-follow-x-forwarded-for.

Can some one tell me how can I enable it?

It's sort of urgent.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Monika

Re: Fwd: HTTP X-FORWARDED HEADER

On 21/06/20 10:27 pm, Monika Avalur wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using squid proxy to test some application in my company.
>
> I have a use cases where I need to use the X-Forwarded-For header from
> squid proxy
>
> I tried by editing the squid configuration file and including
>
> acl localhost src 127.0.0.1
>
>  forwarded_for on

Enables the header to be sent to servers. Only relevant on intercepted
traffic.

> follow_x_forwarded_for allow localhost

Processes headers *received* from client.

> But still I am unable to see the HTTP header in chrome.

This is a header sent to *servers*. Browser will never see it.

> While I looked up the documentation, it said requires
> --enable-follow-x-forwarded-for.
>
> Can some one tell me how can I enable it?> It's sort of urgent.

What use exactly are you needing to use this header for?

On 21/06/20 10:40 pm, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> On 21/06/20 10:27 pm, Monika Avalur wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am using squid proxy to test some application in my company.
>>
>> I have a use cases where I need to use the X-Forwarded-For header from
>> squid proxy
>>
>> I tried by editing the squid configuration file and including
>>
>> acl localhost src 127.0.0.1
>>
>>  forwarded_for on
>
> Enables the header to be sent to servers. Only relevant on intercepted
> traffic.

Sorry *indirect* traffic.