Help needed for squid with LDAP

Jagdeep Shrivastav
Hi All,

I have configured Squid (squid-2.6.STABLE6-4.el5) on Centos5.0, now i
am trying to configure Squid to get the users authenticated with LDAP
(windows 2003) server
can any one please tell me how to configure and what is the start to
achive the same.

Regards,

Jagdeep

Re: Help needed for squid with LDAP

Angierfw
On Tuesday 24 July 2007 12:31, Jagdeep Shrivastav wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have configured Squid (squid-2.6.STABLE6-4.el5) on Centos5.0, now i
> am trying to configure Squid to get the users authenticated with LDAP
> (windows 2003) server
> can any one please tell me how to configure and what is the start to
> achive the same.

There is a great howto in the wiki!
Also try
http://www.papercut.biz/kb/Main/ConfiguringSquidProxyToAuthenticateWithActiveDirectory

Cheers
Ang

--
Angela Williams Enterprise Outsourcing
Unix/Linux & Cisco spoken here! Bedfordview

Smile!! Jesus Loves You!!

Re: Help needed for squid with LDAP

Jagdeep Shrivastav
Hi,
Thanks for your prompt reply. I went through the url to completethe
configuration,

when i execute the command

 /usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_auth -b "dc=my,dc=domain" ldapserver
or
 /usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_auth -b "dc=my,dc=domain" -h IPofLDAPServer

and after providing the credentials i get the following error message

squid_ldap_auth: WARNING, LDAP search error 'Operations error'
ERR Success.

Can you please tell me where i am going wrong.
It will be of great help if you can tell me the checklist for
configuring the Squid with LDAP

Thanks- Jagdeep

On 7/24/07, Angela Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tuesday 24 July 2007 12:31, Jagdeep Shrivastav wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have configured Squid (squid-2.6.STABLE6-4.el5) on Centos5.0, now i
> > am trying to configure Squid to get the users authenticated with LDAP
> > (windows 2003) server
> > can any one please tell me how to configure and what is the start to
> > achive the same.
>
> There is a great howto in the wiki!
> Also try
> http://www.papercut.biz/kb/Main/ConfiguringSquidProxyToAuthenticateWithActiveDirectory
>
> Cheers
> Ang
>
> --
> Angela Williams                         Enterprise Outsourcing
> Unix/Linux & Cisco spoken here!         Bedfordview
> [hidden email]                     Gauteng South Africa
>
> Smile!! Jesus Loves You!!

Re: Help needed for squid with LDAP

D & E Radel
  Jagdeep Shrivastav wrote:

> Hi,
> Thanks for your prompt reply. I went through the url to completethe
> configuration,
>
> when i execute the command
>
> /usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_auth -b "dc=my,dc=domain" ldapserver
> or
> /usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_auth -b "dc=my,dc=domain" -h IPofLDAPServer
>
> and after providing the credentials i get the following error message
>
> squid_ldap_auth: WARNING, LDAP search error 'Operations error'
> ERR Success.
>
> Can you please tell me where i am going wrong.
> It will be of great help if you can tell me the checklist for
> configuring the Squid with LDAP
>
> Thanks- Jagdeep

Try something like:

/usr/lib/squid/ldap_auth
   -R
   -b "dc=my,dc=domain"
   -D "cn=Administrator,cn=Users,dc=my,dc=domain"
   -w "Administrator's_Password"
   -f sAMAccountName=%s
   -h IPofLDAPServer

Regards,