Help to Compile Squid for Windows

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Help to Compile Squid for Windows

Tobias Tromm

Hi.


So I am trying now to compile the last version  squid-3.5.25-20170504-r14155 05 May 2017 for Windows with Cygwin and I am having the erros on attached file (please see the ones I paint with red).


[doc version attached or pdf version here due to list attached size limit https://www.papinho.com/squid.pdf ]


What is wrong?


Thanks.



_______________________________________________
squid-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squid-cache.org/listinfo/squid-users

squid.docx (54K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Help to Compile Squid for Windows

Tobias Tromm

For testing purpose I enable "--disable-external-acl-helpers" and now I receive the following error, with i fix by changing


the line mentioned to " const void *i = memchr(buf(), (int)c, (size_type)endPos); "


someone probably has to change the fsource file with have the typo...


c -I../include    -I../src   -I/usr/include/libxml2  -I/usr/include/libxml2 -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -Wcomments -Wshadow -Woverloaded-virtual -pipe -D_REENTRANT -g -O2 -march=native -MT SBuf.o -MD -MP -MF $depbase.Tpo -c -o SBuf.o SBuf.cc &&\
mv -f $depbase.Tpo $depbase.Po
SBuf.cc: In member function ‘SBuf::size_type SBuf::rfind(char, SBuf::size_type) const’:
SBuf.cc:760:61: error: ‘memrchr’ was not declared in this scope
     const void *i = memrchr(buf(), (int)c, (size_type)endPos);
                                                             ^
make[3]: *** [Makefile:7173: SBuf.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/squid-3.5.25/src'
make[2]: *** [Makefile:7296: all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/squid-3.5.25/src'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:6157: all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/squid-3.5.25/src'
make: *** [Makefile:581: all-recursive] Error 1


De: squid-users <[hidden email]> em nome de Tobias Tromm <[hidden email]>
Enviado: segunda-feira, 8 de maio de 2017 12:13:44
Para: [hidden email]
Assunto: [squid-users] Help to Compile Squid for Windows
 

Hi.


So I am trying now to compile the last version  squid-3.5.25-20170504-r14155 05 May 2017 for Windows with Cygwin and I am having the erros on attached file (please see the ones I paint with red).


[doc version attached or pdf version here due to list attached size limit https://www.papinho.com/squid.pdf ]


What is wrong?


Thanks.



_______________________________________________
squid-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squid-cache.org/listinfo/squid-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Help to Compile Squid for Windows

Amos Jeffries
Administrator
In reply to this post by Tobias Tromm
On 09/05/17 00:13, Tobias Tromm wrote:

>
> Hi.
>
>
> So I am trying now to compile the last version
> squid-3.5.25-20170504-r14155
> <http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.5/squid-3.5.25-20170504-r14155-RELEASENOTES.html>|05
> May 2017| for Windows with Cygwin and I am having the erros on
> attached file (please see the ones I paint with red).
>
>
> [doc version attached or pdf version here due to list attached size
> limit https://www.papinho.com/squid.pdf 
> <https://www.papinho.com/squid.pdf> ]
>
>
> What is wrong?
>
>

This list is really for sysadmin and other user discussions about Squid
features and uses. For code problems please contact the squid-dev
mailing list. The size limit there is quite a bit larger exactly so
traces can be posted, though if as you say it is a compile error I
expect your trace can be pruned down to just the first (or first few)
actual error messages.

Your system seems to be missing headers for the ancient LanManager
protocols (superceded by NTLM back in the 1980's). You can work around
that by not building the ACL helpers (--disable-external-acl-helpers) or
listing just the ones you want in --enable-external-acl-helpers="..."

To avoid hitting more of this type of thing later check out the build
options Diladele use for their builds of Squid for Windows with Cygwin.

Amos

_______________________________________________
squid-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squid-cache.org/listinfo/squid-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Help to Compile Squid for Windows

Tobias Tromm

I see, another list fo dev compile errors, ok : -)


Will find it.


Thanks!


De: squid-users <[hidden email]> em nome de Amos Jeffries <[hidden email]>
Enviado: segunda-feira, 8 de maio de 2017 14:41:01
Para: [hidden email]
Assunto: Re: [squid-users] Help to Compile Squid for Windows
 
On 09/05/17 00:13, Tobias Tromm wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
>
> So I am trying now to compile the last version
> squid-3.5.25-20170504-r14155
> <http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.5/squid-3.5.25-20170504-r14155-RELEASENOTES.html>|05
> May 2017| for Windows with Cygwin and I am having the erros on
> attached file (please see the ones I paint with red).
>
>
> [doc version attached or pdf version here due to list attached size
> limit https://www.papinho.com/squid.pdf
> <https://www.papinho.com/squid.pdf> ]
>
>
> What is wrong?
>
>

This list is really for sysadmin and other user discussions about Squid
features and uses. For code problems please contact the squid-dev
mailing list. The size limit there is quite a bit larger exactly so
traces can be posted, though if as you say it is a compile error I
expect your trace can be pruned down to just the first (or first few)
actual error messages.

Your system seems to be missing headers for the ancient LanManager
protocols (superceded by NTLM back in the 1980's). You can work around
that by not building the ACL helpers (--disable-external-acl-helpers) or
listing just the ones you want in --enable-external-acl-helpers="..."

To avoid hitting more of this type of thing later check out the build
options Diladele use for their builds of Squid for Windows with Cygwin.

Amos

_______________________________________________
squid-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squid-cache.org/listinfo/squid-users

_______________________________________________
squid-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squid-cache.org/listinfo/squid-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Help to Compile Squid for Windows

Alex Rousskov
In reply to this post by Tobias Tromm
On 05/08/2017 08:29 AM, Tobias Tromm wrote:
> I receive the following error, with i fix by changing
> the line mentioned to " const void *i = memchr(buf(), (int)c,
> (size_type)endPos); "
>
> someone probably has to change the fsource file with have the typo...

This is not a typo: There is a huge difference between memchr() and
memrchr() functions. If there is no memrchr() in your Windows
environment, Squid would have to provide a replacement.

If you want to work on fixing these problems, move to squid-dev like
Amos advised. If you want to report these problems and then wait for the
fix, then file a bug report (and wait). Please note that, AFAICT, the
Squid Project currently lacks active Windows developers so it may take a
while to address any Windows-specific bugs.


Cheers,

Alex.

> SBuf.cc:760:61: error: ‘memrchr’ was not declared in this scope
>      const void *i = memrchr(buf(), (int)c, (size_type)endPos);

_______________________________________________
squid-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squid-cache.org/listinfo/squid-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Help to Compile Squid for Windows

seroto_nin
Hi.
> SBuf.cc:760:61: error: ‘memrchr’ was not declared in this scope
>      const void *i = memrchr(buf(), (int)c, (size_type)endPos);

I encounterd this problem too.
To avoid this, you may edit "config.status" as described below after running
"/.configure".
-D["HAVE_MEMRCHR"]=" 1"
+D["HAVE_MEMRCHR"]=" 0"

Perhaps .configure's bug.
".configure" recognizes that system has memrchr() but In fact Windows
doesn't.
So you need to indicate the system does not have memrchr().
Then "make" comes to use memrchr() included in squid's source code.
(compat/memrchr.cc)



--
Sent from: http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/Squid-Users-f1019091.html
_______________________________________________
squid-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squid-cache.org/listinfo/squid-users