Quantcast

High Load

Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz-2

Hi Squids,
We are putting in a heavy load environment.  my squid is getting tired, after
a while of load testing, 3128/tcp begins to stop responding (randomly) to
requests.  All other ports at that servers responds ok
i've recompile my squid with 16k file handlers, but this does not seems to
help.  Is there any other suggestion?
Regards,
LD

Re: High Load

Pablo García-2
Luis, Please define "Heavy Load", how manu req/s, is this a forward,
transparent or reverse proxy ? is this a memory only cache ? what are
the vmstat outputs when it stops responding ? did run the ulimit -n
16384 before start the squid ?
Are there any error messages in the cache.log ?

Regards, Pablo

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 4:09 PM, Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Squids,
> We are putting in a heavy load environment.  my squid is getting tired, after
> a while of load testing, 3128/tcp begins to stop responding (randomly) to
> requests.  All other ports at that servers responds ok
> i've recompile my squid with 16k file handlers, but this does not seems to
> help.  Is there any other suggestion?
> Regards,
> LD

Re: High Load

Pablo García wrote:
> Luis, Please define "Heavy Load", how manu req/s, is this a forward,
> transparent or reverse proxy ? is this a memory only cache ? what are
> the vmstat outputs when it stops responding ? did run the ulimit -n
> 16384 before start the squid ?
> Are there any error messages in the cache.log ?

Also...
  how many cached objects are being handled when it starts the weirdness?
what cache format are you using? on what OS? how big is it?
what sort of traffic handling has it been subject to? (avg object sizes etc)

> Regards, Pablo
>
> On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 4:09 PM, Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Squids,
>> We are putting in a heavy load environment.  my squid is getting tired, after
>> a while of load testing, 3128/tcp begins to stop responding (randomly) to
>> requests.  All other ports at that servers responds ok
>> i've recompile my squid with 16k file handlers, but this does not seems to
>> help.  Is there any other suggestion?
>> Regards,
>> LD

Please be using