How do i implement an ACL for longer duration?

How do i implement an ACL for longer duration?

purvar
Hello everyone ,

I have to implement an ACL from 10:00 AM of tuesday to 11:00 AM of thursday. So, how do i make acl rule for such long duartion. Please do the needful.

Thanks,
Purva R

[ C-DAC is on Social-Media too. Kindly follow us at:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CDACINDIA & Twitter: @cdacindia ]

Re: How do i implement an ACL for longer duration?

Antony Stone
On Friday 04 August 2017 at 11:44:10, purvar wrote:

> Hello everyone ,
>
> I have to implement an ACL from 10:00 AM of tuesday to 11:00 AM of
> thursday. So, how do i make acl rule for such long duartion. Please do the
> needful.

You can't do this as a single ACL.  You'll need one for Tuesday, one for
Wednesday and one for Thursday.

Antony.

--
If you were ploughing a field, which would you rather use - two strong oxen or
1024 chickens?

 - Seymour Cray, pioneer of supercomputing

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.

On 04/08/17 21:49, Antony Stone wrote:

> On Friday 04 August 2017 at 11:44:10, purvar wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone ,
>>
>> I have to implement an ACL from 10:00 AM of tuesday to 11:00 AM of
>> thursday. So, how do i make acl rule for such long duartion. Please do the
>> needful.
>
> You can't do this as a single ACL.  You'll need one for Tuesday, one for
> Wednesday and one for Thursday.

I haven't tried it myself, but it should be possible for one ACL name by
listing the individual day entries on different lines:

  acl blah time T 10:00-24:00
  acl blah time W
  acl blah time H 0:00-11:00