How to automatically Restart Squid on Ubuntu?

How to automatically Restart Squid on Ubuntu?

Angelo Wang
Hi,

I have a /22 subnet on a server and sometimes Squid crashes when there are too many connections. Can someone help me create a script/command to automatically restart squid if this happens?

Best,

Re: How to automatically Restart Squid on Ubuntu?

Antony Stone
On Monday 22 March 2021 at 15:59:37, Angelo Wang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a /22 subnet on a server and sometimes Squid crashes when there are
> too many connections. Can someone help me create a script/command to
> automatically restart squid if this happens?

I would use http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/xenial/man1/monit.1.html

On the other hand, I'd try to identify what's causing the crash and prevent it
instead.

Antony.

--
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.
The second best time is now.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.

Re: How to automatically Restart Squid on Ubuntu?

Francesco Chemolli
Hi Angelo,
   Squid shouldn't crash with any number of connections.
Anything in the logs?

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 2:59 PM Angelo Wang <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I have a /22 subnet on a server and sometimes Squid crashes when there are too many connections. Can someone help me create a script/command to automatically restart squid if this happens?

Best,

    Francesco

Re: How to automatically Restart Squid on Ubuntu?

Eliezer Croitoru-3

It can crash if the memory is low compared to the number of allowed connections in the ulimit.

I don’t know the proxy and the setup but there are couple ways to limit connections per IP if indeed the
proxy is overloaded sometimes by specific users.

Angelo, you should really try to verify why is it crashing the proxy.

Tech Support

Zoom: Coming soon