How to configure squid to not cache

Ronan Lucio
Hi,
I'd like to configure squid for proxy only, no caching any content.

Looking at squid docs, it instructs to use "cache deny all", but I
didn't find this option for Squid-4:
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v4/cfgman/

I didn't set any cache_dir directive, but I'm still wondering about cache_mem.

Any help would be appreciated,
Ronan

Re: How to configure squid to not cache

Ronan Lucio
I'm sorry. My bad.
Just found it

On 13/10/20 8:37 am, Ronan Lucio wrote:

> I'm sorry. My bad.
> Just found it
>
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 8:20 AM Ronan Lucio <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I'd like to configure squid for proxy only, no caching any content.
>>
>> Looking at squid docs, it instructs to use "cache deny all", but I
>> didn't find this option for Squid-4:
>> http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v4/cfgman/
>>
>> I didn't set any cache_dir directive, but I'm still wondering about cache_mem.

You should set "cache_mem 0" to prevent Squid allocating MB of memory
for cache that is never used.

On 13.10.20 08:20, Ronan Lucio wrote:
>I'd like to configure squid for proxy only, no caching any content.
>
>Looking at squid docs, it instructs to use "cache deny all", but I
>didn't find this option for Squid-4:
>http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v4/cfgman/

it's in the section "OPTIONS FOR TUNING THE CACHE"

and here:

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/cache/

I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.