IP Lookup Failure

Aaron Hall
Hello Users -

I've searched the forums and can't find an appropriate answer.

I'm running Squid Cache: Version 3.5.20.

I'm receiving the following line in my cache.log file:

"2018/04/11 14:05:50.370 kid1| 28,3| Eui48.cc(520) lookup: id=0x7f9d0bd92b84 <IP REDACTED> NOT found"

The server connecting to the proxy is seeing: "Received HTTP code 0 from proxy after CONNECT".

The client IP is called in an ACL, and that ACL is called in an `http_access allow` statement.

Can someone point me in the direction of what this might indicate? The internet and Google searches have failed to provide an answer.

Cheers.
--
Aaron Hall
The Paranoids

Re: IP Lookup Failure

Eliezer Croitoru
Hey Aaron,

If you will disclose your squid.conf and\or "squid -kparse" output it might help to understand.
The Eui48.cc file is there for a mac address lookup as far as I remember so I'm not sure what is causing it.

With more relevant details we might be able to help you understand what's wrong if at all.

http://ngtech.co.il/lmgtfy/

I've searched the forums and can't find an appropriate answer.

I'm running Squid Cache: Version 3.5.20.

I'm receiving the following line in my cache.log file:

"2018/04/11 14:05:50.370 kid1| 28,3| Eui48.cc(520) lookup: id=0x7f9d0bd92b84 <IP REDACTED> NOT found"

The server connecting to the proxy is seeing: "Received HTTP code 0 from proxy after CONNECT".

The client IP is called in an ACL, and that ACL is called in an `http_access allow` statement.

Can someone point me in the direction of what this might indicate? The internet and Google searches have failed to provide an answer.

Cheers.

--
Aaron Hall
The Paranoids
Network Security
mailto:[hidden email]

Re: IP Lookup Failure

On 12/04/18 07:47, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
> Hey Aaron,
>
> If you will disclose your squid.conf and\or "squid -kparse" output it might help to understand.
> The Eui48.cc file is there for a mac address lookup as far as I remember so I'm not sure what is causing it.

Yes. Some OS do not provide MAC lookups, and it does not work on IPv4
unless the machine being looked up is directly connected to the Squid
machine.

So we will need to now which OS is being used as well as the Squid
details and what the network topology looks like.