Increasing Squid 128 Max Connection Limit

Increasing Squid 128 Max Connection Limit

Sneaker Space LTD
Hello,
Im looking for help in regards to compiling and installing squid on a Linux server with the option to increase its max connection limit. I understand after some research that ,  '   ./configure CXXFLAGS="-DMAXTCPLISTENPORTS=XXX" '  , is the configuration option to use but after hours of attempts and paying 2 different freelancers to try and get it to work, I still cant seem to get its max connection limit increased. If anyone has any knowledge on how to get it done your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Have a good day!
Tim

Re: Increasing Squid 128 Max Connection Limit

Alex Rousskov
On 08/06/2018 06:08 AM, Sneaker Space LTD wrote:

> Im looking for help in regards to compiling and installing squid on a
> Linux server with the option to increase its max connection limit.

Do you want to increase the maximum number of concurrent connections
that your Squid can handle OR do you want to use more than 128 listening
ports with your Squid? The two things are virtually unrelated but your
question mixes them up...

If it is the former, what is your current limit and why do you think you
need to increase it? What Squid version and operating system you are
using? Have you checked ulimits? Post Squid cache.log output at startup.
In most cases, this is a general "increase the number of file
descriptors available to a program" problem, but perhaps your situation
is different.

If it is the latter, why do you think you need more than 128 listening
ports and why do you think rebuilding from scratch (after "make clean")
with DMAXTCPLISTENPORTS=XXX did not work?