Increasing file descriptor and others

Ming-Ching Tiew

First of all the good news. After much struggle, I finally managed to
get Squid 2.6 stable 13 to work with Foundary ServerIron XL with this
config :-

        http_port 3128 tproxy transparent
        http_port 80 vhost

It seems the second line is a must for whatever reasons.

And iptables  :-

         iptables -t tproxy -A PREROUTING -i $DEVICE -p tcp --dport 80 \
                 -j TPROXY --on-port 3128

But now with my squid compiled with 4096 file descriptor and aufs is
running out of file descriptor ( CPU loading appears to be still healthy ).
Now I would want to increase things to :-

      --enable-async-io=24
      --with-maxfd=10000

Do they look like reasonable figure ? Any danger for increasing these values
?

Regards.