Is Squid 4.9 gone?

netadmin

At the address:
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/
the latest version appears as 4.8 although I am running 4.9!
What happened to version 4.9?

Re: Is Squid 4.9 gone?

On 20/12/19 9:03 pm, netadmin wrote:

> At the address:
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/
> the latest version appears as 4.8 although I am running 4.9!
> What happened to version 4.9?

I'm not entirely certain what happened there. I suspect it was just an
oversight on my part not copying the files from the release directory to
the web server. That has now been corrected.

As to why you could be running a version not available on the www site;
Vendors pull their release code from any one (or several) different
sources we provide them - our public git repository, FTP servers, or
rsync servers.

Re: Is Squid 4.9 gone?

Ahmad Alzaeem
Perfect Amos 🙏

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 20, 2019, at 11:35 AM, Amos Jeffries <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 20/12/19 9:03 pm, netadmin wrote:
>>
>> At the address:
>> http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/
>> the latest version appears as 4.8 although I am running 4.9!
>> What happened to version 4.9?
>

> I'm not entirely certain what happened there. I suspect it was just an
> oversight on my part not copying the files from the release directory to
> the web server. That has now been corrected.
>
> As to why you could be running a version not available on the www site;
> Vendors pull their release code from any one (or several) different
> sources we provide them - our public git repository, FTP servers, or
> rsync servers.

Re: Is Squid 4.9 gone?

Dmitry Melekhov
20.12.2019 12:35, Amos Jeffries пишет:

> On 20/12/19 9:03 pm, netadmin wrote:
>> At the address:
>> http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/
>> the latest version appears as 4.8 although I am running 4.9!
>> What happened to version 4.9?
>
> I'm not entirely certain what happened there. I suspect it was just an
> oversight on my part not copying the files from the release directory to
> the web server. That has now been corrected.
>
> As to why you could be running a version not available on the www site;
> Vendors pull their release code from any one (or several) different
> sources we provide them - our public git repository, FTP servers, or
> rsync servers.

No, 4.9 was available on squid-cache.org some time ago :-)

Re: Is Squid 4.9 gone?

L.P.H. van Belle
Ah.. it shows Amos is human also..  :-)

If you need squid 4.9 in debian Buster (10) package.

These are the package i currently provide on/for Debian Buster.
Squid 4.9 with ssl enabled settings.

Package list:  https://apt.van-belle.nl/current-packages-in-buster-squid49-apt.txt
(included also, squidclamav, packaged into : c-icap-module-squidclamav )

My repo setup.
1) Choose http or https for you apt, both work, for https you need to :
apt-get install apt-transport-https

2) Import my public key
wget -O - http://apt.van-belle.nl/louis-van-belle.gpg-key.asc | apt-key add -

3) setup the repo.
echo "deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian buster-squid49 main contrib non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list

General info, :  https://apt.van-belle.nl

Thank Amos and the squid dev team.
I wish you guys the best, happy, healty and successfull year(s) to come.

Greetz,

Louis