Is Squid 4.9 gone?

netadmin
"No, 4.9 was available on squid-cache.org some time ago :-)"

Squid 4.8 is still here
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/

Re: Is Squid 4.9 gone?

On 20/12/19 10:21 pm, netadmin wrote:
> "No, 4.9 was available on squid-cache.org some time ago :-)"
>
> Squid 4.8 is still here
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/

I sent my response minutes after doing the update on our master server.
The www.* servers take 2-12hrs to receive updates.

squid log analyzer

Vacheslav Zouhairy
i searched for a ufdb guard log analyzer and it was like looking for
aliens..so i settled for squid log analyzers..i tried calimaris which
reminded me that squid is translated to kalmar in Russian but the
version on opensuse does not provide what user went to where..i read
about lots of options..many are stopped from being updated, others
require too much setup and finally i saw sarg! almost everyone was
bashing it as slow and try this instead..but it promised to show which
user visited what url, so i installed it and tried it from command line
and it was fast but it failed to create the index file in the
configured folder so couldn't see the html results.. i suffered all day
reading this and that and experimenting and it was useless, so i tired
reaching for help on their forum and it is like i visited a ghost
town..
so who has tried  something similar to do this that is working?

Re: squid log analyzer

Rafael Akchurin
Hello Vacheslav,

We are building something like sarg/squidanalyzer/lightsquid in web safety 7.2.
See https://docs.diladele.com/administrator_guide_develop/traffic_monitoring/index.html

It shall be easy to grab the virtual appliance, upload your Squid logs into /var/log/squid and see if the results are ok.

Best regards,
Rafael Akchurin
Diladele B.V.