Linux squid proxy server blocking outlook in my network.

Linux squid proxy server blocking outlook in my network.

farrukh saleem
Dear All,
Hello, am using squid proxy server it is working fine with http filtering, but it stop outlook connection when i configure my gmail account, i have tried add outlook ports in acl_safe ports please help us how can i configure outlook using squid proxy server. Thankyou.

Re: Linux squid proxy server blocking outlook in my network.

On 14/05/17 23:26, farrukh saleem wrote:
> Dear All,
> Hello, am using squid proxy server it is working fine with http
> filtering, but it stop outlook connection when i configure my gmail
> account, i have tried add outlook ports in acl_safe ports please help
> us how can i configure outlook using squid proxy server. Thankyou.

Squid is an HTTP proxy, not an IMAP/POP3/SMTP proxy.

If your outlook is using CONNECT tunnels you also need to adjust the
SSL_Ports ACL. Any other way of using Squid is dangerous with email and
can result in serious security issues or broken traffic.