Load balance on two internet connections

Load balance on two internet connections

TarotApprentice
If I have two internet connections is it possible to spread the traffic between them? I have a single squid 3.5 instance as an explicit proxy under Linux.

MarkJ

Re: Load balance on two internet connections

Matus UHLAR - fantomas
On 22.03.17 00:46, TarotApprentice wrote:
>If I have two internet connections is it possible to spread the traffic between them? I have a single squid 3.5 instance as an explicit proxy under Linux.

you can use multiple outgoing IP Addresses in squid

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Strange/RotatingIPs

however you need to tell your OS (and/or router) to send different source
IPs through different connections.

Re: Load balance on two internet connections

Mimiko
On 21.03.2017 15:46, TarotApprentice wrote:
> If I have two internet connections is it possible to spread the traffic between them? I have a single squid 3.5 instance as an explicit proxy under Linux.

Hello.

I use output load balancing network traffic between 3 ISP using linux load-balancing ip rule. And squid automatically is balanced.
http://serverfault.com/questions/93678/load-balancing-nat-ing-multiple-isp-connections-on-linux

--
Mimiko desu.

Re: Load balance on two internet connections

Eliezer Croitoru
+1 fro the OS iptables level method and an addition:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/EliezerCroitoru/Drafts/MwanLB
And consider to make the load balancing a bit "static" per something or your users will have troubles accessing services which tends to notice if requests are coming from the same src ip(such as google and many others).

Mikrotik has a nice picture to demonstrate the idea and is pretty close to iptables so the concept would be something like that:
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Policy_Base_Routing

But you will might need to find the right way for consistency.

Let me know if you need more help.