Logging/stats for Delay Pools Under Squid?

Logging/stats for Delay Pools Under Squid?

Ralf Hildebrandt
I do know how to set-up delay pools, but how can I verify that they're
working? Are there any logs or statictics?

--
Ralf Hildebrandt                   Charite Universitätsmedizin Berlin
[hidden email]        Campus Benjamin Franklin

Re: Logging/stats for Delay Pools Under Squid?

On 08/12/17 01:19, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> I do know how to set-up delay pools, but how can I verify that they're
> working? Are there any logs or statictics?

The cache manager report "delay" lists details of the pools.
The 'active_requests' listing also shows for each request which pool(s)
it is assigned to.

Re: Logging/stats for Delay Pools Under Squid?

Alex Rousskov
On 12/07/2017 07:26 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On 08/12/17 01:19, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
>> I do know how to set-up delay pools, but how can I verify that they're
>> working? Are there any logs or statictics?

> The cache manager report "delay" lists details of the pools.
> The 'active_requests' listing also shows for each request which pool(s)
> it is assigned to.

And access.log fields can be used to reconstruct individual transfer
rates (and, with more work, even aggregates).

Ideally, you should use external-to-Squid tools to verify that Squid is
working correctly. Simple clients like cURL or wget can be used for
basic single-transaction tests. Web Polygraph can be used for complex
tests involving many concurrent transactions tickling many delay pools
at once.