Multiple ecap req services

Luis Felipe Dominguez Vega
Hello, i code 2 ecap_service to put into squid, each one work great in solitary mode, but when i put them together, only that i first defined in squid.conf is used, the other is ignored....

In ecap i need something special to tell squid that use all the services???

Re: Multiple ecap req services

On 14/11/18 9:29 AM, Luis Felipe Dominguez Vega wrote:
> Hello, i code 2 ecap_service to put into squid, each one work great in
> solitary mode, but when i put them together, only that i first defined
> in squid.conf is used, the other is ignored....
>
> In ecap i need something special to tell squid that use all the services???

Depends on what you mean by "use all the services" :

<http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/adaptation_service_chain/>
<http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/adaptation_service_set/>

Re: Multiple ecap req services

Luis Felipe Dominguez Vega
by "use all services" i mean, that all the ecap services set as reqmod_precache.... see this:
if i change the order in adaptation_access, then only the first defined is used, the another is not used, so i think that in my
ecap module i need to put something like.... "continue to next adaptation_service"?????

*******************************************************************************************************************************************
loadable_modules /usr/libexec/squid/ecap_adapter_siteblock.so
loadable_modules /usr/libexec/squid/squid-transfer-audit.so

ecap_service ecapSquidTransferAuditRequest reqmod_precache ecap://h3r3t1c.cu/ecap/services/transfer_audit_CLIENT_REQUEST_MODE bypass=0
ecap_service ecapBlockSiteRequest reqmod_precache ecap://h3r3t1c.cu/ecap/services/siteblock?mode=CLIENT_REQUEST_MODE bypass=0

# HERE IS THE PROBLEM WITH ORDER
adaptation_access ecapBlockSiteRequest allow all
adaptation_access ecapSquidTransferAuditRequest allow all

On 15/11/18 2:13 AM, Luis Felipe Dominguez Vega wrote:
> by "use all services" i mean, that all the ecap services set as
> reqmod_precache.... see this:
> if i change the order in adaptation_access, then only the first defined
> is used, the another is not used, so i think that in my
> ecap module i need to put something like.... "continue to next
> adaptation_service"?????

Did you read the documentation I provided links for earlier?

There are multiple ways to group and order services. The services
themselves can even change the order of what follows. The config sample
you mention does not contain anything telling Squid those details.

You need to add one of those directives I provided links to - whichever
one meets your required ordering.

Re: Multiple ecap req services

Luis Felipe Dominguez Vega
Not working.... i was added

adaptation_service_chain request_chain ecapBlockSiteRequest ecapSquidTransferAuditRequest

and only ecapBlockSiteRequest is used.....

On 15/11/18 9:00 AM, Luis Felipe Dominguez Vega wrote:
> Not working.... i was added
>
> adaptation_service_chain request_chain ecapBlockSiteRequest
> ecapSquidTransferAuditRequest
>
> and only ecapBlockSiteRequest is used.....

This is sounding more and more like the eCAP module is broken.

Can you get a cache.log trace of what it is receiving and sending to Squid?

Amos

> El mié., 14 nov. 2018 a las 8:54, Amos Jeffries escribió:
>
>     On 15/11/18 2:13 AM, Luis Felipe Dominguez Vega wrote:
>     > by "use all services" i mean, that all the ecap services set as
>     > reqmod_precache.... see this:
>     > if i change the order in adaptation_access, then only the first
>     defined
>     > is used, the another is not used, so i think that in my
>     > ecap module i need to put something like.... "continue to next
>     > adaptation_service"?????
>

>     Did you read the documentation I provided links for earlier?
>
>     There are multiple ways to group and order services. The services
>     themselves can even change the order of what follows. The config sample
>     you mention does not contain anything telling Squid those details.
>
>     You need to add one of those directives I provided links to - whichever
>     one meets your required ordering.
>
>     Amos

Re: Multiple ecap req services

Alex Rousskov
On 11/15/18 2:51 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On 15/11/18 9:00 AM, Luis Felipe Dominguez Vega wrote:
>> Not working.... i was added
>>
>> adaptation_service_chain request_chain ecapBlockSiteRequest
>> ecapSquidTransferAuditRequest
>>
>> and only ecapBlockSiteRequest is used.....

> This is sounding more and more like the eCAP module is broken.

Unless Squid configuration does not _use_ the declared request_chain. I
would ask for *all* adaptation-related lines from squid.conf first.

A good test is to reorder ecapSquidTransferAuditRequest and
ecapBlockSiteRequest in request_chain and see if ecapBlockSiteRequest is
still the only adaptation service that is being used. If it is, a
different set of adaptation_access lines is needed to enable
request_chain usage.

> Can you get a cache.log trace of what it is receiving and sending to Squid?

>> El mié., 14 nov. 2018 a las 8:54, Amos Jeffries escribió:
>>
>>     On 15/11/18 2:13 AM, Luis Felipe Dominguez Vega wrote:
>>     > by "use all services" i mean, that all the ecap services set as
>>     > reqmod_precache.... see this:
>>     > if i change the order in adaptation_access, then only the first
>>     defined
>>     > is used, the another is not used, so i think that in my
>>     > ecap module i need to put something like.... "continue to next
>>     > adaptation_service"?????
>>

>>     Did you read the documentation I provided links for earlier?
>>
>>     There are multiple ways to group and order services. The services
>>     themselves can even change the order of what follows. The config sample
>>     you mention does not contain anything telling Squid those details.
>>
>>     You need to add one of those directives I provided links to - whichever
>>     one meets your required ordering.
>>
>>     Amos

Re: Multiple ecap req services

Luis Felipe Dominguez Vega
Changing the order in request chain, only the ecapBlockSiteRequest is working......

El jue., 15 nov. 2018 a las 12:43, Alex Rousskov (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
On 11/15/18 2:51 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On 15/11/18 9:00 AM, Luis Felipe Dominguez Vega wrote:
>> Not working.... i was added
>>
>> adaptation_service_chain request_chain ecapBlockSiteRequest
>> ecapSquidTransferAuditRequest
>>
>> and only ecapBlockSiteRequest is used.....

> This is sounding more and more like the eCAP module is broken.

Unless Squid configuration does not _use_ the declared request_chain. I
would ask for *all* adaptation-related lines from squid.conf first.

A good test is to reorder ecapSquidTransferAuditRequest and
ecapBlockSiteRequest in request_chain and see if ecapBlockSiteRequest is
still the only adaptation service that is being used. If it is, a
different set of adaptation_access lines is needed to enable
request_chain usage.

> Can you get a cache.log trace of what it is receiving and sending to Squid?

>> El mié., 14 nov. 2018 a las 8:54, Amos Jeffries escribió:
>>
>>     On 15/11/18 2:13 AM, Luis Felipe Dominguez Vega wrote:
>>     > by "use all services" i mean, that all the ecap services set as
>>     > reqmod_precache.... see this:
>>     > if i change the order in adaptation_access, then only the first
>>     defined
>>     > is used, the another is not used, so i think that in my
>>     > ecap module i need to put something like.... "continue to next
>>     > adaptation_service"?????
>>

>>     Did you read the documentation I provided links for earlier?
>>
>>     There are multiple ways to group and order services. The services
>>     themselves can even change the order of what follows. The config sample
>>     you mention does not contain anything telling Squid those details.
>>
>>     You need to add one of those directives I provided links to - whichever
>>     one meets your required ordering.
>>
>>     Amos

Re: Multiple ecap req services

Luis Felipe Dominguez Vega
Broked in what sense? there are any way into the ecap to tell to squid that only it is executed? because i use only in ecapBlockSiteRequest the start() function of XAction...

El jue., 15 nov. 2018 a las 4:51, Amos Jeffries (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
On 15/11/18 9:00 AM, Luis Felipe Dominguez Vega wrote:
> Not working.... i was added
>
> adaptation_service_chain request_chain ecapBlockSiteRequest
> ecapSquidTransferAuditRequest
>
> and only ecapBlockSiteRequest is used.....

This is sounding more and more like the eCAP module is broken.

Can you get a cache.log trace of what it is receiving and sending to Squid?

Amos

> El mié., 14 nov. 2018 a las 8:54, Amos Jeffries escribió:
>
>     On 15/11/18 2:13 AM, Luis Felipe Dominguez Vega wrote:
>     > by "use all services" i mean, that all the ecap services set as
>     > reqmod_precache.... see this:
>     > if i change the order in adaptation_access, then only the first
>     defined
>     > is used, the another is not used, so i think that in my
>     > ecap module i need to put something like.... "continue to next
>     > adaptation_service"?????
>

>     Did you read the documentation I provided links for earlier?
>
>     There are multiple ways to group and order services. The services
>     themselves can even change the order of what follows. The config sample
>     you mention does not contain anything telling Squid those details.
>
>     You need to add one of those directives I provided links to - whichever
>     one meets your required ordering.
>
>     Amos

Re: Multiple ecap req services

Luis Felipe Dominguez Vega
This is all source related to ecap:

ecap_enable on

adaptation_send_client_ip on
adaptation_send_username on
adaptation_masterx_shared_names X-Subscriber-ID

loadable_modules /usr/libexec/squid/ecap_adapter_siteblock.so
loadable_modules /usr/libexec/squid/squid-transfer-audit.so

ecap_service ecapSquidTransferAuditRequest reqmod_precache ecap://h3r3t1c.cu/ecap/services/transfer_audit_CLIENT_REQUEST_MODE bypass=0
ecap_service ecapBlockSiteRequest reqmod_precache ecap://h3r3t1c.cu/ecap/services/siteblock?mode=CLIENT_REQUEST_MODE bypass=0

adaptation_service_chain request_chain ecapSquidTransferAuditRequest ecapBlockSiteRequest

On 11/16/18 6:14 AM, Luis Felipe Dominguez Vega wrote:

> adaptation_service_chain request_chain ...
>
> adaptation_access ecapBlockSiteRequest allow all
> adaptation_access ecapSquidTransferAuditRequest allow all

You did not tell Squid to use request_chain. You told Squid to use
ecapBlockSiteRequest and only ecapBlockSiteRequest. adaptation_access
directive selects which service (or a group of services) is going to be
used. Your directive always selects ecapBlockSiteRequest.

You may declare 100 adaptation services, service sets, and service
chains. How should Squid know which service (or set or chain) it should
send the request to? Squid evaluates adaptation_access rules to answer
that question. The first applicable matching rule determines the service
(or set or chain) that will be used at a given vectoring point for a
given transaction.

Alex.