Need help

Vayalpadu, Vedavyas

Hi All,

Iam getting this error in /var/log/messages.

Nov 16 10:17:20 dkbavlpxpxy01 squid[91497]:

Failed to select source for 'https://dkbavwpato02.global.internal.carlsberggroup.com/SES/services/masterdata/administratorServices-1.0.wsdl'

And customer is not able to connect to the application.

External App <-> Proxy <-> Internal application

Can anyone help ??

Best regards,

Vyas  (vedavyas vayalpadu )

IBM-AIX-UNIX Support

[hidden email]

cid:image001.jpg@01D311DA.F66233D0

Accenture BDC-10B

Bagmane World Technology Center, 6,

Service Road, Chinappa Layout, Mahadevapura,

Bengaluru, Karnataka 560048 - INDIA

Re: Need help

Matus UHLAR - fantomas
On 16.11.17 09:42, Vayalpadu, Vedavyas wrote:
>Nov 16 10:17:20 dkbavlpxpxy01 squid[91497]:
>Failed to select source for 'https://dkbavwpato02.global.internal.carlsberggroup.com/SES/services/masterdata/administratorServices-1.0.wsdl'
>
>And customer is not able to connect to the application.
>
>External App <-> Proxy <-> Internal application

have you played with always_direct and never_direct?

I'm not interested in your website anymore.
If you need cookies, bake them yourself.

Re: [External] Re: Need help

Vayalpadu, Vedavyas
Hello uhlar,

No , I am bit new to squid proxy server, we have taken a TCP dump from the system and we see that.

1. From external application to proxy server the traffic is flowing, but from Proxy server to the internal application server traffic is not flowing.
2. But from Proxy server to the internal application, trace route and telnet is happening.

Regards
Vyas

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, [hidden email] ; https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.fantomas.sk_&d=DwIGaQ&c=eIGjsITfXP_y-DLLX0uEHXJvU8nOHrUK8IrwNKOtkVU&r=tFxAuERmcRdMDY2ODYAvl6bEao1jdCMqbJq7uebMlVg&m=ZaZkTWTnQj0-Uep5Zf0yP_MVIEN1gfxZ_I9NX9Xk4cc&s=vku4_zNZHIZRL1GK-bXjDxTx1e-4Ra2rrNxS6AkBBgA&e=
I'm not interested in your website anymore.
If you need cookies, bake them yourself.
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__lists.squid-2Dcache.org_listinfo_squid-2Dusers&d=DwIGaQ&c=eIGjsITfXP_y-DLLX0uEHXJvU8nOHrUK8IrwNKOtkVU&r=tFxAuERmcRdMDY2ODYAvl6bEao1jdCMqbJq7uebMlVg&m=ZaZkTWTnQj0-Uep5Zf0yP_MVIEN1gfxZ_I9NX9Xk4cc&s=0G7PG9nHGau1SEPMMLPgeP2yZFUSm7lxEoZhWaPyHt0&e=

________________________________

Re: [External] Re: Need help

On 17/11/17 02:08, Vayalpadu, Vedavyas wrote:
> Hello uhlar,
>
> No , I am bit new to squid proxy server, we have taken a TCP dump from the system and we see that.
>
> 1. From external application to proxy server the traffic is flowing, but from Proxy server to the internal application server traffic is not flowing.
> 2. But from Proxy server to the internal application, trace route and telnet is happening.

That log entry means that Squid was not able to locate any server IP
addresses that will work for that transaction.

Either DNS has no results, client original dst-IP is not available, or
the servers Squid does find are a) forbidden for use or b) currently
DOWN according to the dynamic availability checks (ICMP echo, ICP query
for cache_peer, and past TCP connection attempts).

The cache.log lines immediately following the one you quoted tell the
results from DNS and each of those access controls so you can see what
the reason for the failure was.

Re: [External] Re: Need help

Vayalpadu, Vedavyas
Hello All,

Thanks for your help, we have resolved the issue once replaced the Old IP with the New IP under "cache_peer" in squid.conf file.

Regards
Vyas

On 17/11/17 02:08, Vayalpadu, Vedavyas wrote:
> Hello uhlar,
>
> No , I am bit new to squid proxy server, we have taken a TCP dump from the system and we see that.
>
> 1. From external application to proxy server the traffic is flowing, but from Proxy server to the internal application server traffic is not flowing.
> 2. But from Proxy server to the internal application, trace route and telnet is happening.

That log entry means that Squid was not able to locate any server IP addresses that will work for that transaction.

Either DNS has no results, client original dst-IP is not available, or the servers Squid does find are a) forbidden for use or b) currently DOWN according to the dynamic availability checks (ICMP echo, ICP query for cache_peer, and past TCP connection attempts).

The cache.log lines immediately following the one you quoted tell the results from DNS and each of those access controls so you can see what the reason for the failure was.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__lists.squid-2Dcache.org_listinfo_squid-2Dusers&d=DwIGaQ&c=eIGjsITfXP_y-DLLX0uEHXJvU8nOHrUK8IrwNKOtkVU&r=tFxAuERmcRdMDY2ODYAvl6bEao1jdCMqbJq7uebMlVg&m=UsclePwFVCW_nTLv9f9aWlqPevA0YWHfBgMhHkW3UAU&s=xYvC3w5aHxuzbApxX_RUJEXBaJVXcrgBbTaTfXf95wg&e=

Re: [External] Re: Need help

On 17/11/17 20:49, Vayalpadu, Vedavyas wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Thanks for your help, we have resolved the issue once replaced the Old IP with the New IP under "cache_peer" in squid.conf file.

You know that you can place a hostname there right? no need to manually
configure the IP address.