Object Size?

Walter H.
Hello,

the setting

maximum_object_size 4 MB

is the default;

would the following setting

maximum_object_size 2 MB

also mean,
that there would be stored much more objects on disk?

Thanks
Walter

Re: Object Size?

On 9/02/2017 7:56 p.m., Walter H. wrote:

> Hello,
>
> the setting
>
> maximum_object_size 4 MB
>
> is the default;
>
> would the following setting
>
> maximum_object_size 2 MB
>
> also mean,
> that there would be stored much more objects on disk?

Yes, but ... it depends on what object sizes your network is
transferring and whether those smaller ones will fill your cache. And on
how many 2-4 MB files are actually being stored already.

You also have to consider how popular the big objects are. It is no use
preventing big and popular objects from caching just to store smaller
and less popular ones. That would reduce bandwidth savings.

Re: Object Size?

On 09.02.17 07:56, Walter H. wrote:

>the setting
>
>maximum_object_size 4 MB
>
>is the default;
>
>would the following setting
>
>maximum_object_size 2 MB
>
>also mean,
>that there would be stored much more objects on disk?

depends if you want to save bandwidth or hit ratio.
wieh the "heap LFUDA" replacement method you can save more space, and in
such case bigger maximum_object_size will help you.

2B|!2B, that's a question!