Office 365 Support for Squid Proxy

Blason
Hello All,

If someone can confirm if squid can very well work with Office 365? If anyone has any documentation can someone please forward that to me? I do have almost around 400 Office 365 users hence wanted to know what configuration I might need for Office 365 traffic?

Re: Office 365 Support for Squid Proxy

Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães

     i have a lot of customers who access Office 365 through squid
proxies and have no problem at all. Office 365 is just another website,
there's absolutely no need for special configurations for it to simply work.

--

        Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
        Leonardo Rodrigues

        My SPAMTRAP, do not email it

Re: Office 365 Support for Squid Proxy

The main question is if it uses websockets or not and if you are using SSL-BUMP or not.
If you are using SSL-BUMP it's one thing while if you are not it’s another story.
Also it will be different if you are using the proxy in INTERCEPT mode or a regular forward proxy mode.
We would be able to answer you more with more details on your setup.

http://ngtech.co.il/lmgtfy/

If someone can confirm if squid can very well work with Office 365? If anyone has any documentation can someone please forward that to me? I do have almost around 400 Office 365 users hence wanted to know what configuration I might need for Office 365 traffic?

If someone can confirm if squid can very well work with Office 365? If anyone has any documentation can someone please forward that to me? I do have almost around 400 Office 365 users hence wanted to know what configuration I might need for Office 365 traffic?

Re: Office 365 Support for Squid Proxy

Eliezer Croitoru
In a simple forward proxy mode which enforces acl's it should be pretty simple and easy to use.

All The Bests,

http://ngtech.co.il/lmgtfy/

If someone can confirm if squid can very well work with Office 365? If anyone has any documentation can someone please forward that to me? I do have almost around 400 Office 365 users hence wanted to know what configuration I might need for Office 365 traffic?

Re: Office 365 Support for Squid Proxy

Eliezer Croitoru
Well I do not need to test it specifically since it's the most basic function of squid as forward proxy.
It tunnels HTTPS connections as a TCP connection.
Every instance of squid since 1.X did it in a very good way.
There shouldn't be any issues since squid only allows or disallows the connection and splice the traffic between the clients to the destination host.
If you would have used SSL-BUMP you would be required to run some tests to make sure there are no new and special things that MS invented and pushed into their HTTPs stack.

All The Bests,

http://ngtech.co.il/lmgtfy/

On 17/06/17 22:07, Blason R wrote:
> Agree and yes even I considered that as well. This should work without
> any issues. However since I am testing I am looking for ready-made
> ACLs for office 365  and wanted to check every applications i.e.
> Skype, Voice Calling and other functionalities.

It helps a lot to mention minor details like what you actually want in
your initial message. Then you do not end up with days of waiting 5 days
for answers to the "does it work? yes/no" stage for every piece of
software in existence.

The answer to all of the above is that Squid is an HTTP proxy. If the
application uses HTTP it almost certainly works with Squid in one way or
another.

Now you can move on to the actually important things like looking up
whether those applications use HTTP or not (VoIP almost certainly does
not; Skype is a mixed situation with some HTTP some non-HTTP), and
testing the ones that do HTTP. Note that squid.conf needs to match
*your* chosen network policy, not someone elses' policy.