Problem loading Facebook profiles

Roberto Carna
Dear, I have a Squid 3.5.27 proxy server with Squidguard in
transparent mode, for HTTP and HTTPS traffic.

Everything is OK, except when I access Facebook and select a profile
from any user: in this case, the profile load the name, picture, but
doesn't load the other data at all (pictures, friends, comments,
etc.).

I've tried to whitelist some hostname and IP's related to Facebook,
but it doesn't work.

Please can you help me in put to work Facebook through Squid in
transparent mode?

Special thanks,

Robert

Re: Problem loading Facebook profiles

Antony Stone
On Friday 12 January 2018 at 17:39:09, Roberto Carna wrote:

> Dear, I have a Squid 3.5.27 proxy server with Squidguard in
> transparent mode, for HTTP and HTTPS traffic.

Please show us the Squid configuration file (omitting comments and blank lines)
- that will show us what you've asked Squid to do.

> Everything is OK, except when I access Facebook and select a profile
> from any user: in this case, the profile load the name, picture, but
> doesn't load the other data at all (pictures, friends, comments,
> etc.).
>
> I've tried to whitelist some hostname and IP's related to Facebook,
> but it doesn't work.
>
> Please can you help me in put to work Facebook through Squid in
> transparent mode?

Show us what turns up in your Squid access log and your Squidguard blocking
log (sorry, I'm not familiar with what this might properly be called, but I
assume Squidguard has a log file showing which requests it has blocked) when
such a request gets made.

Please try to:

a) restrict what you show us to only the user / IP making the request (no need
to include other users' requests going through Squid at the same time)

b) include *everything* relating to that user, even if you think something
might not be relevant

c) copy and paste the text from the log files, don't send a screenshot (osrry
if that's obvious, but you might be surprised what some people do)

That will give us some idea of what's working and what isn't.

Regards,

Antony.

--
"It is easy to be blinded to the essential uselessness of them by the sense of
achievement you get from getting them to work at all. In other words - and

 - Douglas Noel Adams

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.