Proxy options for Nintendo DS Browser

Kirk Strauser
I just bought a Nintendo DS Browser (Opera 8.5).  It works great, but
has one fairly major problem: it doesn't have a password manager or
cookie store, so you have to manually re-login to every website each
time you turn it off.  I've been successfully using HoTTProxy (http://
www.hottproxy.org/) as a cookie proxy, but it's pretty minimalist and
has a funky license.  Does Squid have any similar functionality for
caching cookies on a per-authenticated-user basis?

Along those lines, it is easy to get Squid to rescale images?  The
more processing I can shift from the little DS to my server the better.
--
Kirk Strauser

Re: Proxy options for Nintendo DS Browser

Henrik Nordström
fre 2007-06-08 klockan 20:50 -0500 skrev Kirk Strauser:
> I just bought a Nintendo DS Browser (Opera 8.5).  It works great, but
> has one fairly major problem: it doesn't have a password manager or
> cookie store, so you have to manually re-login to every website each
> time you turn it off.  I've been successfully using HoTTProxy (http://
> www.hottproxy.org/) as a cookie proxy, but it's pretty minimalist and
> has a funky license.  Does Squid have any similar functionality for
> caching cookies on a per-authenticated-user basis?

No.

> Along those lines, it is easy to get Squid to rescale images?  The
> more processing I can shift from the little DS to my server the better.

With Squid-3 this is done using an ICAP image rescaling server.

Regards
Henrik