QA Pilots

    The Squid Software Foundation plans to hire a part-time remote QA
engineer to help us address systemic quality problems with Squid
releases and development snapshots. This position will be funded by your
donations to the Foundation. Thank you!

Before a regular QA Engineer position is filled, we offer several paid
pilot projects to select the most suitable candidate. These projects
focus on building QA infrastructure to enforce existing (but
underutilized) quality controls. A lot more details are available at

    http://wiki.squid-cache.org/QA/Pilots

If you would like to apply, please see that page for the application
procedure. If you know somebody who should apply, please point them to
the above page. If you have constructive feedback regarding the planned
QA improvements, please share it on this mailing list.

Thank you,

Re: QA Pilots

Yuri Voinov

01.02.2017 3:49, Alex Rousskov пишет:
> Hello,
>
>     The Squid Software Foundation plans to hire a part-time remote QA
> engineer to help us address systemic quality problems with Squid
> releases and development snapshots. This position will be funded by your
> donations to the Foundation. Thank you!
Do you mean the volunteers?

> Before a regular QA Engineer position is filled, we offer several paid
> pilot projects to select the most suitable candidate. These projects
> focus on building QA infrastructure to enforce existing (but
> underutilized) quality controls. A lot more details are available at
>
>     http://wiki.squid-cache.org/QA/Pilots
>
> If you would like to apply, please see that page for the application
> procedure. If you know somebody who should apply, please point them to
> the above page. If you have constructive feedback regarding the planned
> QA improvements, please share it on this mailing list.
>

> Thank you,
>
> Alex.

0x613DEC46.asc (2K) Download Attachment

Re: QA Pilots

Alex Rousskov
On 01/31/2017 03:00 PM, Yuri Voinov wrote:
> 01.02.2017 3:49, Alex Rousskov пишет:
>>     The Squid Software Foundation plans to hire a part-time remote QA
>> engineer to help us address systemic quality problems with Squid
>> releases and development snapshots. This position will be funded by your
>> donations to the Foundation. Thank you!

> Do you mean the volunteers?

The money to pay the engineer will come from the Foundation. Most of the
Foundation existing funds consist of donations from various people and
organizations, many of which subscribe to this mailing list. The
position (and the pilots) will be essentially funded by past (and
hopefully future) donations. That is why I thanked those who donated
(and/or will donate in the future). They made it possible.

The position is _not_ an unpaid volunteer position and the pilots are
not unpaid throw-away projects. FWIW, we have already tried the
volunteer approach and failed because volunteers (and their volunteer
managers!) often run out of free time, lose interest, develop work
conflicts, resist doing unpleasant tasks, etc. BTW, this would be the
first substantial paid contractor position with the Foundation. All
Foundation directors are and will remain unpaid volunteers.

Hope this clarifies,

Alex.