Question about RPC OVER HTTP and SQUID

Xavier Lassoie

Hi,

I try to use RPC OVER HTTP using SQUID as reverse proxy, I used the config sample on squid website, the result is that I have a prompt for the password, I entered the password and then I have an error saying that Exchange Server is unavaillable.
When I watch the log on IIS, I see that the client is successfully asking for "https://url/rpc/rpcproxy.dll?...." using methods "RPC_IN_DATA" and "RPC_OUT_DATA". On squid I see in the access.log : "TCP_MISS/503 134 RPC_IN_DATA https://url/rpc/rpcproxy.dll? - FIRST_UP_PARENT/IP"

Is someone have any idea of the problem ?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Xavier

RE: Question about RPC OVER HTTP and SQUID

Laurikainen, Tuukka
Hi all,

I've been talking with Xavier off-list about this, and thought it might help someone to see what was the problem.

He used a Squid 3.0 Pre6, and got Zero Sized Reply's when accessing the Exchange server through rpcohttp. It seems it's a Squid 3 bug, as the same setup and config now works fine when he switched to Squid 2.6stable13. Now somebody more familiar with the squid3 status could maybe confirm this, or in other case, Xavier could be kind enough to open a bug in bugzilla for squid3 and provide the information needed.

Regards,

Tuukka

Xavier

Re: Question about RPC OVER HTTP and SQUID

Adrian Chadd
On Fri, May 25, 2007, Laurikainen, Tuukka wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been talking with Xavier off-list about this, and thought it might help someone to see what was the problem.
>
> He used a Squid 3.0 Pre6, and got Zero Sized Reply's when accessing the Exchange server through rpcohttp. It seems it's a Squid 3 bug, as the same setup and config now works fine when he switched to Squid 2.6stable13. Now somebody more familiar with the squid3 status could maybe confirm this, or in other case, Xavier could be kind enough to open a bug in bugzilla for squid3 and provide the information needed.

Opening up a bugzilla report which covers whats going on, with config snippets,
and explaining how to duplicate the behaviours in both 2.6s13 and 3.0
would be really really helpful. Be sure to include the version of 3.0
you're using.

adrian