Question about outlook OVER SQUID

Bhupesh Karankar
Hello All,

I need configuration for provice access on outlook via squid proxy.
i have configure squid proxy for our company, everything is running on,
but whenever client try to access mail via outlook, then they got problem,
they are not able to access mail from outlook, they have configure gmail
on outlook..
please provice me solution,

Thanking you
Bhupesh Karankar
09981104888
--
Bhupesh Karankar
System Administrator
RHCT
RHCE

Re: Question about outlook OVER SQUID

Adrian Chadd
On Fri, May 25, 2007, Bhupesh Karankar wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I need configuration for provice access on outlook via squid proxy.
> i have configure squid proxy for our company, everything is running on,
> but whenever client try to access mail via outlook, then they got problem,
> they are not able to access mail from outlook, they have configure gmail
> on outlook..

The first thing you need to provide is logfile snippets showing the failure,
your squid configuration file (minus -all- the comments please, if you don't
know how then:

cat squid.conf | grep -v ^# | grep -v ^$

Adrian

Re: Question about outlook OVER SQUID

mamo-3
What protocol do your users use?

If they use pop3/s, imap/s, SMTP/S or MSProtocol obviously it is not a
squid problem. You have just to open apprpriate port on the firewall
(squid is usually used as http proxy).

If they are using RPC over HTTP, look at the squid log to understand
why their traffic is blocked.

Best Regards,
Mamo