RE: Bypass proxy completely

Vootla, Bhagwan
Hi,

My proxy servers Do not have connectivity to XYZ.com, But my desktop
browser can access XYZ.com if I put XYZ.com in the exceptional list.
But every desktop is configured to use Proxy server and the Browser
settings are disabled.

How do I specify in the proxy server that if  a user hits XYZ.com,
BYPASS proxy completely and use DIRECT connection from the desktop.
I need the subsequent requests/responses to go from desktop to xyz.com
directly without proxy intervention ( as proxy server does not have
connectivity to particular xyz.com, but  network is configured to access
xyz.com directly from desktop subnets).

Is this possible from proxy side ?

Thanks in advance.
Bhagwan

Re: RE: Bypass proxy completely

Tim Bates
Vootla, Bhagwan wrote:
> How do I specify in the proxy server that if  a user hits XYZ.com,
> BYPASS proxy completely and use DIRECT connection from the desktop.
Look into using a PAC file to configure the clients rather than just
setting the proxy. Then you can specify sites to bypass the proxy. PAC
files are loaded by clients each time they start, so future changes are
not a big deal.

TB

Re: RE: Bypass proxy completely

Mahesh Govindappa
Use the Expection in the Browser settings.
of you can create a .pac script where you can specify for XYZ.com DIRECT Keyword
hope this helps!!!

Best regards,
Mahesh Govindappa

Best regards,
Mahesh.G

Re: RE: Bypass proxy completely

Henrik Nordström
ons 2007-05-23 klockan 21:55 -0400 skrev Vootla, Bhagwan:

> How do I specify in the proxy server that if  a user hits XYZ.com,
> BYPASS proxy completely and use DIRECT connection from the desktop.

This has to be done on the desktop machine, either in the local proxy
settings or via a pac file.

Once the browser sends the request to the proxy it's too late. There is
no usable mechanism whereby a proxy can tell the client to go direct or
to use another proxy directly.

Regards
Henrik