RE: Unable to download files over 2GB of size

RE: Unable to download files over 2GB of size

Sathyan, Arjonan

Henrik,

> dump it at ftp.squid-cache.org/incoming/ and then email me.

As there is no folder "incoming" being created, I am unable to upload
tcpdump & http response...

Kindly let me know how do I transfer these files...

Regards,
Sathyan Arjunan
Unix Support | +1 408-962-2500 Extn : 22824
Kindly copy [hidden email] or reach us @ 22818 for any
correspondence alike to ensure your email are being replied in timely
manner

RE: Unable to download files over 2GB of size

Henrik Nordström
mån 2007-05-14 klockan 12:17 -0700 skrev Sathyan, Arjonan:

> Henrik,
>
> > dump it at ftp.squid-cache.org/incoming/ and then email me.
>
> As there is no folder "incoming" being created, I am unable to upload
> tcpdump & http response...

Sorry, I meant ftp.henriknordstrom.net/incoming/  (aka
ftp.squid-cache.se)

Regards
Henrik

RE: Unable to download files over 2GB of size

Sathyan, Arjonan
Henrik,

> Sorry, I meant ftp.henriknordstrom.net/incoming/

I have uploaded these files (http_response & data.pcap) to FTP
location... Kindly let me know if you need further inputs.

manner

RE: Unable to download files over 2GB of size

Sathyan, Arjonan

Henrik,

Was there any trace from the files which I have uploaded? Can you please
tell me why I am not able to download the files which are > 2GB via
squid using IE 6?

Is this a bug in squid...?

manner

tis 2007-05-15 klockan 14:34 -0700 skrev Sathyan, Arjonan:

> Was there any trace from the files which I have uploaded? Can you please
> tell me why I am not able to download the files which are > 2GB via
> squid using IE 6?

The "http_headers" only contains an Squid access denied result.

The packet trace only contains a few SSH packets.

> Is this a bug in squid...?

Not from what it looks so far. Pretty sure it's an MSIE6 bug.

Regards
Henrik

RE: Unable to download files over 2GB of size

Sathyan, Arjonan

Henrik,

>> Is this a bug in squid...?

> Not from what it looks so far. Pretty sure it's an MSIE6 bug.

I don't think this is an MSIE6 bug, since I am able to download the same
DVD ISO file without using Squid. (i.e., if directly connected to
internet)

This issue arises only when downloading through Squid Proxy...

Regards,
Sathyan Arjunan
Unix Support | +1 408-962-2500 Extn : 22824
Kindly copy [hidden email] or reach us @ 22818 for any
correspondence alike to ensure your email are being replied in timely
manner

Re: RE: Unable to download files over 2GB of size

Dieter Bloms
Hi,

On Wed, May 16, Sathyan, Arjonan wrote:

> I don't think this is an MSIE6 bug, since I am able to download the same
> DVD ISO file without using Squid. (i.e., if directly connected to
> internet)
>
> This issue arises only when downloading through Squid Proxy...

the internet explorer has a different behaviour, if you configure a
proxy or not.
We had some issues with https sides with authentication and a proxy,
and the wrong behaviour came from internet explorer.

Please try some different browsers and then you  will see, that the
internet explorer has the most bugs, bugs, bugs ....

--
Gruß

  Dieter

From field.

Re: Unable to download files over 2GB of size

Adrian Chadd
On Wed, May 16, 2007, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> tis 2007-05-15 klockan 14:34 -0700 skrev Sathyan, Arjonan:
>
> > Was there any trace from the files which I have uploaded? Can you please
> > tell me why I am not able to download the files which are > 2GB via
> > squid using IE 6?
>
> The "http_headers" only contains an Squid access denied result.
>
> The packet trace only contains a few SSH packets.
>
> > Is this a bug in squid...?
>
> Not from what it looks so far. Pretty sure it's an MSIE6 bug.

Can we narrow down the specific bug behaviour? I'll fire it off to
someone in the IE team and see what 'e says.

Adrian

Re: Unable to download files over 2GB of size

Chris Nighswonger
On 5/16/07, Adrian Chadd <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, May 16, 2007, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> > tis 2007-05-15 klockan 14:34 -0700 skrev Sathyan, Arjonan:
> >
> > > Was there any trace from the files which I have uploaded? Can you please
> > > tell me why I am not able to download the files which are > 2GB via
> > > squid using IE 6?
> >
> > The "http_headers" only contains an Squid access denied result.
> >
> > The packet trace only contains a few SSH packets.
> >
> > > Is this a bug in squid...?
> >
> > Not from what it looks so far. Pretty sure it's an MSIE6 bug.
>
> Can we narrow down the specific bug behaviour? I'll fire it off to
> someone in the IE team and see what 'e says.

When IE6 is setup to use proxy (squid), and the aforementioned file is
downloaded, a download window opens and the progress indicator zips to
100% in the first second after which IE announces that the download is
complete. What the user really has is a file with a size equivalent to
the effective kbps of their internet pipe.

When IE6 is setup *not* to use proxy, and the same file is downloaded,
the behaviour is as expected and the resulting file is the correct
size.

Two tcpdumps have been submitted.

Let me know if you need more specific information, and I will provide it.

Chris

ons 2007-05-16 klockan 09:31 -0700 skrev Sathyan, Arjonan:

> I don't think this is an MSIE6 bug, since I am able to download the same
> DVD ISO file without using Squid. (i.e., if directly connected to
> internet)
>
> This issue arises only when downloading through Squid Proxy...

Here is a simple test. Configure MSIE to use the web server you have
trouble to download the file from. Then try downloading the file.

Regards
Henrik

RE: Unable to download files over 2GB of size

Sathyan, Arjonan

>> Can we narrow down the specific bug behaviour? I'll fire it off to
>> someone in the IE team and see what 'e says.

> Two tcpdumps have been submitted.
> Let me know if you need more specific information, and I will provide
it.

I would like to know where we are on this bug... Are we able to find any
clues why the DVD files are not getting downloaded through Squid?

manner

manner

On 5/21/07, Sathyan, Arjonan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I would like to know where we are on this bug... Are we able to find any
> clues why the DVD files are not getting downloaded through Squid?

It appears to be an IE bug, not Squid.

Have you tried Henrik's suggestion in his previous post?

Chris

RE: Unable to download files over 2GB of size

Sathyan, Arjonan

> Here is a simple test. Configure MSIE to use the web server you have
> trouble to download the file from. Then try downloading the file.

Henrik, I really don't understand your last post. How do I configure my
MSIE browser to use the web server of Suse
http://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/current/iso/SUSE-10.0-EvalDVD-i386-GM.
iso

Kindly let me know how to proceed further...

manner

mån 2007-05-21 klockan 10:50 -0700 skrev Sathyan, Arjonan:

> > Here is a simple test. Configure MSIE to use the web server you have
> > trouble to download the file from. Then try downloading the file.
>
> Henrik, I really don't understand your last post. How do I configure my
> MSIE browser to use the web server of Suse
> http://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/current/iso/SUSE-10.0-EvalDVD-i386-GM.
> iso

Open the proxy preferences screen of your browser. Enter ftp.suse.com as
proxy server, port 80.

Regards
Henrik

RE: Unable to download files over 2GB of size

Sathyan, Arjonan
Hi,

> Open the proxy preferences screen of your browser. Enter ftp.suse.com
as
> proxy server, port 80.

Please find the observations on DVD download issue...

As this ISO has been removed from the FTP site itself
>http://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/current/iso/SUSE-10.0-EvalDVD-i386-GM
.iso

I am using the below URL for downloading the DVD ISO

1. Download failed even when directly connected to internet (From 0 it
immediately jumps to 100).
2. Changed the browser settings to cdn.novell.com on Port 80. This
started to download the file but the status bar shows the value in
negative (-5% downloaded) which is quite confusing.

Regards
Henrik

mån 2007-05-21 klockan 16:35 -0700 skrev Sathyan, Arjonan:

> Hi,
>
> > Open the proxy preferences screen of your browser. Enter ftp.suse.com
> as
> > proxy server, port 80.
>
> Please find the observations on DVD download issue...
>
> As this ISO has been removed from the FTP site itself
> >http://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/current/iso/SUSE-10.0-EvalDVD-i386-GM
> .iso
Still there from what I can tell.

> I am using the below URL for downloading the DVD ISO
>
> 1. Download failed even when directly connected to internet (From 0 it
> immediately jumps to 100).
> 2. Changed the browser settings to cdn.novell.com on Port 80. This
> started to download the file but the status bar shows the value in
> negative (-5% downloaded) which is quite confusing.

You still think this is a Squid problem and not an MSIE problem?

What's the result if you try with Firefox 1.5 or later?

Regards
Henrik