Re: [squid-announce] Squid 4.2 is available

Re: [squid-announce] Squid 4.2 is available

Julian Perconti

Works great!
And I realized an important performance improvement.

Thank You!

> Amos Jeffries

Re: [squid-announce] Squid 4.2 is available

Walter H.
On 10.08.2018 07:41, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> The Squid HTTP Proxy team is very pleased to announce the availability
> of the Squid-4.2 release!

will there be a RPM for latest CentOS 6 available?

Walter

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: [squid-announce] Squid 4.2 is available

Eliezer Croitoru
I need to test it but I didn't had plans to release 4.X branch for CentOS 6.
It takes me time to test it and I hope I will have more time for it.

On 10.08.2018 07:41, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> The Squid HTTP Proxy team is very pleased to announce the availability
> of the Squid-4.2 release!

will there be a RPM for latest CentOS 6 available?

Walter

Re: [squid-announce] Squid 4.2 is available

djch
I'd be all over any Squid 4 RPMs for EL6, for what that's worth.

I had downloaded your source RPM for EL7 at one point and tried to build one for EL6. Dealing with the compiler issues was a bit beyond me though, sadly.

On Tue, 14 Aug 2018 at 05:46, Eliezer Croitoru <[hidden email]> wrote:
I need to test it but I didn't had plans to release 4.X branch for CentOS 6.
It takes me time to test it and I hope I will have more time for it.

On 10.08.2018 07:41, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> The Squid HTTP Proxy team is very pleased to announce the availability
> of the Squid-4.2 release!

will there be a RPM for latest CentOS 6 available?

Walter

Getbusi
p +61 3 6165 1555
e [hidden email]
w getbusi.com

Re: [squid-announce] Squid 4.2 is available

Eliezer Croitoru

Well… there is a need to move forward to CentOS 7 if possible.

Squid 4.x has couple compiler compatibility which I do not remember but it was mentioned in the wiki and the release notes.

On 10.08.2018 07:41, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> The Squid HTTP Proxy team is very pleased to announce the availability
> of the Squid-4.2 release!

will there be a RPM for latest CentOS 6 available?

Walter

Getbusi
p +61 3 6165 1555
e [hidden email]
w getbusi.com

Re: [squid-announce] Squid 4.2 is available

Mike Surcouf

I hung onto CentOS 6 for a while but it’s no longer secure enough.  You really ought to move versions.

I would prefer to see Eliezer efforts used to make 4.2 available in the stable repo.

Thanks

Mike