Reg: AIX Support

Charles Prem

Hi,

We are using squid 2.6 in IBM AIX Server. Do you have any latest RPM for IBM AIX?

Please advise.

With Regards

F. Charles Prem

Re: Reg: AIX Support

babajaga
Any reason, not to compile yourself ? Not so difficult.

Re: Reg: AIX Support

On 04/07/17 16:36, Charles Prem wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are using squid 2.6 in IBM AIX Server. Do you have any latest RPM for
> IBM AIX?
>
> Please advise.

FWIW; I remember some emails from people running Squid on AIX when 2.7
and 3.1 were current. But my lists (in the Squid wiki) do not include
any details of where to get any packages newer than 2.6 or who might be
making them.

If anyone is making AIX packages that can be shared around please get in
touch with me.

Alternatively if anyone is successfully running packages built for some
other OS on AIX systems that would be useful info for the wiki.

Charles;
  If nothing comes up specifically for AIX then I expect Eliezer's RPMs
for CentOS, RHEL or Solaris should be usable. Though you may need to
re-build from the SRPM to account for OS library differences.

HTH

Re: Reg: AIX Support

Eliezer Croitoru
Let me know if you need any help with things.

> We are using squid 2.6 in IBM AIX Server. Do you have any latest RPM for
> IBM AIX?
>
> Please advise.

FWIW; I remember some emails from people running Squid on AIX when 2.7
and 3.1 were current. But my lists (in the Squid wiki) do not include
any details of where to get any packages newer than 2.6 or who might be
making them.

If anyone is making AIX packages that can be shared around please get in
touch with me.

Alternatively if anyone is successfully running packages built for some
other OS on AIX systems that would be useful info for the wiki.

Charles;
  If nothing comes up specifically for AIX then I expect Eliezer's RPMs
for CentOS, RHEL or Solaris should be usable. Though you may need to
re-build from the SRPM to account for OS library differences.

HTH

Re: Reg: AIX Support

Charles Prem
Dear Eliezer,

We are using squid 2.6 in AIX 7.1. Last week the vendor performed the penetration test. In that few vulnerability in the report. The recommendation is upgrade the latest version of Squid.

I have searched squid latest RPM in the internet but I couldn’t get it.

With Regards
F. Charles Prem

Let me know if you need any help with things.

> We are using squid 2.6 in IBM AIX Server. Do you have any latest RPM
> for IBM AIX?
>
> Please advise.

FWIW; I remember some emails from people running Squid on AIX when 2.7 and 3.1 were current. But my lists (in the Squid wiki) do not include any details of where to get any packages newer than 2.6 or who might be making them.

If anyone is making AIX packages that can be shared around please get in touch with me.

Alternatively if anyone is successfully running packages built for some other OS on AIX systems that would be useful info for the wiki.

Charles;
  If nothing comes up specifically for AIX then I expect Eliezer's RPMs
for CentOS, RHEL or Solaris should be usable. Though you may need to
re-build from the SRPM to account for OS library differences.

HTH

Re: Reg: AIX Support

Eliezer Croitoru
You can find the SRPMS for newer versions at:
http://ngtech.co.il/repo/centos/

I never worked with AIX so I don't know to what CentOS branch it's the most similar.
Do you have a compiling machine which you can try to build the latest or a newer squid version?

All The Bests,