Rock store size not decreasing

djch
Hey all

I'm fairly new to rock caching. With aufs, if you reduce the cache size in the config it'll start slowly reducing it down the new size.

I've done that with a ~137GB rock store (reduced it to 10240MB) but it 'aint changing after reloading the config.

cache_dir rock /var/spool/squid/rock 10240

# du --max-depth=1 /var/spool/squid/ -h

137G /var/spool/squid/rock

What am I missing?

Best,
Dan

Re: Rock store size not decreasing

On 19/05/17 15:47, Dan Charlesworth wrote:
> Hey all
>
> I'm fairly new to rock caching. With aufs, if you reduce the cache
> size in the config it'll start slowly reducing it down the new size.
>
> I've done that with a ~137GB rock store (reduced it to 10240MB) but it
> 'aint changing after reloading the config.

With UFS/AUFSdiskd the cache is stored in a directory tree with
individual files per item. Reducing the size results in files being
deleted from disk an the total size shrinks naturally without any
special action by Squid.

Rock on the other hand has all content stored inside one file. That file
gets initialized with the space configured and maybe grown if needed.
But there is nothing I'm aware of to reinitialize it on smaller sizes
being configured. Reducing the size does reduce the size of stuff using
space *inside* the database file, but AFAIK not the file itself.

Re: Rock store size not decreasing

djch
Okay, cool — thanks for clarifying.

Guess I'll nuke it myself and reinitialise a blank one.

Best,
Dan

On 19 May 2017 at 23:29, Amos Jeffries <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Getbusi
p +61 3 6165 1555
e [hidden email]
w getbusi.com