Running squid inside docker container

rahul.negi

Hi Team,

I am trying to run squid service inside docker container and following this page https://hub.docker.com/r/datadog/squid/

The steps which I performed are as follows:

·         docker pull datadog/squid

·          docker run --name squid -d -p 443:443 --volume /home/squid/cache:/var/spool/squid datadog/squid

After I ran above command, I am getting below error “FATAL: xcalloc: Unable to allocate 1048576 blocks of 392 bytes!”

While it’s trying to create sub-directories under /var/spool/squid, then it’s failing. I am using squid configuration with cache_dir ufs /var/spool/squid 100 16 256

Did anyone faced this problem before or someone can point out if I am missing some configuration or can provide the solution here.

Thanks and Regards,

Rahul Negi

Thank you.

Re: Running squid inside docker container

On 23/10/20 10:40 pm, rahul.negi wrote:

> After I ran above command, I am getting below error “FATAL: xcalloc:
> Unable to allocate 1048576 blocks of 392 bytes!”

There is not enough RAM available to Squid.

Check the total available on the machine, the per-process limits on the
machine, what is being made available for use by docker images, and the
per-process limits inside the docker container. One of those is likely
far too small.