SQUID proxy to access web application from another subnet

SQUID proxy to access web application from another subnet

jagadeesh am

Hello,

I have one query. Could you please suggest me what to do.

I have a requirement to access a web application running on Server 1 which is connected to Private network 192.168.2.2 network , from Client machine which is connected to Public network (16.x.x.x) using SQUID PROXY.

Is it possible to browse the web application running on server 1 from Client using SQUID?

If yes, could you please guide / suggest me how do I accomplish using SQUID.

Note: SQUID system is connected to both Public and Private network. SQUID is configured on Windows Server 2016.

Thanks,

Jagadeesh

Re: SQUID proxy to access web application from another subnet

Antony Stone
On Friday 23 August 2019 at 00:21:48, jagadeesh am wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have one query. Could you please suggest me what to do.

Read the documentation :)

> I have a requirement to access a web application running on Server 1 which
> is connected to Private network 192.168.2.2 network , from Client machine
> which is connected to Public network (16.x.x.x) using SQUID PROXY.
>
> Is it possible to browse the web application running on server 1 from
> Client using SQUID?

Yes.

https://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ReverseProxy

> Note: SQUID system is connected to both Public and Private network.

Good.

> SQUID is configured on Windows Server 2016.

Oh well, that'll probably work.

Antony.

--
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.