SSL_DB/certs are recahing 4MB on squid

Cherukuri, Naresh

Hello,

My squid ssl_db/certs memory is reaching to 4MB. What happens when it reaches 4MB? Is squid recycle by itself or  do I have to clear files on certs by removing all *.pem files. Please advise?

sslcrtd_program /usr/lib64/squid/ssl_crtd -s /var/lib/ssl_db -M 4MB sslcrtd_children 8 startup=1 idle=1

[root@****** ssl_db]# ls -ltr

total 200

-rw-r--r--. 1 squid squid      7 Sep 19 09:30 size

drwxr-xr-x. 2 squid squid  69632 Sep 19 09:30 certs

-rw-r--r--. 1 squid squid 123463 Sep 19 09:30 index.txt

[root@**** ssl_db]# du -sh certs

3.6M    certs

Thanks,

Naresh

Re: SSL_DB/certs are recahing 4MB on squid

Alex Rousskov
On 09/19/2017 08:02 AM, Cherukuri, Naresh wrote:

> My squid ssl_db/certs memory is reaching to 4MB. What happens when it
> reaches 4MB? Is squid recycle by itself

Yes, Squid should evict old certificates in order to cache the new ones
while maintaining the total cache size at or below the configured 4MB level.

> [root@****** ssl_db]# ls -ltr
> [root@**** ssl_db]# du -sh certs

The above numbers do not matter to Squid. They should correlate with
Squid estimate of the database size, but to know how many bytes Squid
actually thinks the certificate database is using, do this instead:

  $ cat size

Re: SSL_DB/certs are recahing 4MB on squid

Cherukuri, Naresh
Hello Alex,

Thank you for quick turnover.  Here is the screenshot of size output.

[root@******* ssl_db]# cat size
3620864

Thanks,
Naresh